The Daredevil Thread **SPOILERS**

Benji

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elektra, Punisher, the Hand, Gang Wars, The Yakuza 2.0, Stick!

This is already looking to blow all previous Marvel series out of the water, and we've only seen trailers!

The only thing i'm not thrilled by is the obligatory 'hero guilt trips' that are used in every hero series, and this time Foggy is the victim to be carrying that cross...

32 minutes ago, Benkid Nada said:

Why did you want to quit after a couple of episodes? 

Because I didn't enjoy it. When I first watched it I made it through the first two episodes. And there was nothing in there that compelled me to continue. It didn't hook me. I meant to eventually watch the rest of it because everyone else was talking about how good it was but until the trailers for season 2 were released I couldn't be bothered.

It wasn't all bad. The best thing about the season for me was Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk. Once they introduced him in the final scene episode 3 it became easier for me to watch because D'Onofrio was so god in this role and I wanted to see where they were going with his character If I made it to that point in my first try I probably would've continued to watch.

12 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Because I didn't enjoy it. When I first watched it I made it through the first two episodes. And there was nothing in there that compelled me to continue. It didn't hook me. I meant to eventually watch the rest of it because everyone else was talking about how good it was but until the trailers for season 2 were released I couldn't be bothered.

It wasn't all bad. The best thing about the season for me was Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk. Once they introduced him in the final scene episode 3 it became easier for me to watch because D'Onofrio was so god in this role and I wanted to see where they were going with his character If I made it to that point in my first try I probably would've continued to watch.

Fair points really. As a whole I tend to not judge any series by it's first half season, because more often than not it's not going to be good and mostly 'feeling out' episodes where they showcase the characters on display, and give them defined personalities so that the viewers have something to hold on.

'Hero' series suffer from this more than other series, it seems. Arrow/Flash all had rough first seasons. Agents of Shield was extremely hit and miss until it really got into the intrigue aspects. Netflix released a small study where it showed that most people got 'hooked' (committed to watching until the end) by Daredevil around episode 5, which if you look at what plot points happen at that point it makes a whole lot of sense.

Jessica Jones started weakish too in that sense, there wasn't a real sense of direction until Kilgrave popped up.

Basically the thing connecting all series is that they need a convincing foil to pop up and give the 'good guys' someone to fight, or at least a goal to work up to. Whether that's Wilson Fisk preparing to take control of Hell's Kitchen, or HYDRA rearing it's ugly head and taking over from inside.

But yeah, I can totally understand people being less than sold on Daredevil if they judge it purely from the first three or so episodes... But I don't think there are many series out there that truly manage to captivate viewers in the first episodes, unless they got a REALLY good cast and plot to start out with. Whether it's Blacklist, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, or any superhero series.

Orange is the new black and House Of Cards good DVD/blu rest releases

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Start drinking a little early today Lint?

No.  Just didn't have any caffeine on the way to work.  Damn autocorrect

• 2 weeks later...