FOX's X-Men Film & TV Universe Thread

DFF

I actually don't mind the Gifted, or the procedural plot line each episode takes, but for crying out loud, does every damn argument have to be the same as well? Polaris will go "We have to kill the humans!" and Caitlin will refute it with "No! We have to be diplomatic and not kill humans!" while Eclipse says "I agree with everyone except Polaris! I was in a cartel because of course I was, and I've seen so much killing and bloodshed!".

These parts are so tedious and repetitive it's become my toilet break when I'm watching the show.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm half way through The Gifted. Episode seven and...

Spoiler

I'm still into it, but Natalie Alyn Lind needs way more to work with. She's a great actress and has been grossly underused in the daft teen melodrama she's been given so far. Coby Bell is my absolute favourite, but Garrett Dillahunt is doing his usual villain schtick awfully well too. Acker and Moyer feel a bit... there at the moment, and the actor who plays Andy is pretty meh. Blink, Thunderbird and Polaris are solid though.

19 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

So judging by the Trailer The New Mutants is going to be a horror movie? I'm down with that. Barring the spin-offs it feels like they've been telling the same story over and again. It's time for a new approach.

Yeah, certainly looks like it. Really interested in it after the trailer came out.

22 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

So judging by the Trailer The New Mutants is going to be a horror movie? I'm down with that. Barring the spin-offs it feels like they've been telling the same story over and again. It's time for a new approach.

It looks super interesting, but after the Disney/Fox deal was announced, New Mutants got pushed back by almost a full year, I believe. Makes me wonder if they need to do re-shoots, or what is going on with that.

16 hours ago, Gabriel said:

It looks super interesting, but after the Disney/Fox deal was announced, New Mutants got pushed back by almost a full year, I believe. Makes me wonder if they need to do re-shoots, or what is going on with that.

Supposedly they didn't think it was scary enough which leads me to believe they fell ass backwards into the horror feel.

• 4 weeks later...