The January Transfer Window - 2016

Lineker

28 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Celtic are close to signing Manchester City forward Patrick Roberts on an 18-month loan. The 18-year-old will reportedly be at Hampden Park on Saturday for Celtic's League Cup semi-final against Ross County.

Are eighteen month loans a regular thing? Seems like a long time to part with someone. I guess if he's only eighteen, then he likely wouldn't play a part in the first team plans anyway, eh?

Just now, Meacon said:

Are eighteen month loans a regular thing? Seems like a long time to part with someone. I guess if he's only eighteen, then he likely wouldn't play a part in the first team plans anyway, eh?

Chelsea have done 18 month and two year loans before... This week Charly Musonda just joined Real Betis on an 18 month loan, for example. But the Loan Army is a bit of an odd case, I guess.

19 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The Spurs Moussa Dembele deal appears to be done. Surely this is the first time ever a team has signed two different players with the (almost) exact same name from the same club?

Paul Williams played for Stockport County then moved to Coventry.

Paul Williams also played for Stockport County then moved to Coventry (albeit with West Brom in between).

Paul Williams played for County (Derby this time) then moved to Coventry.

Paul Williams played in the Temptations. The Temptations will be playing in Coventry this year, but unfortunately Paul Williams is long dead. Also it's a tribute act.

• Like 7

• Admin
1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

The Spurs Moussa Dembele deal appears to be done. Surely this is the first time ever a team has signed two different players with the (almost) exact same name from the same club?

It seems that he will return to Fulham on loan to see out the season, however.

Sevilla have made a loan inquiry for Everton midfielder Aiden McGeady.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Rangers had two Andy Goram's. Both from Hibs. 

Very good.

On the Dembeles front, both have also signed for the same team, from the same team. In fact, as one left Fulham the other signed in August 2012, and for a few weeks they were both Fulham players I believe.

So maybe the question is, have two completely unrelated players with the same name ever played for two different clubs together at the same time? Or both made the same transfer move?

• Admin

Charles N’Zogbia is set to see out the remainder of his contract with Aston Villa rather than leave in January.

It has been reported that N’Zogbia, who is training with the U21s and has made just two appearances this season, earns £65,000 per week.

“I think he has chosen to stay, yes,” Villa boss Remi Garde is quoted as saying by the Birmingham Mail.

Asked if the situation was frustrating, Garde said: “No comment about that. I don’t want to speak too much about that. If you remember I gave you the reason once already.

“I was not happy about the attitude Charles had, but I don’t want to speak too much about that because maybe it was a long story for Charles in this football club and I came only at the end. He’s training with the U21s.”