The January Transfer Window - 2016

Lineker

ESPNFC is reporting that Matt Miazga is heading to Chelsea. Shocking decision for both the club and player. Highly rated young American defender, but never going to get first team time at the club. Maybe at Vitesse...

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Well I wouldn't say "skills".

My coaching skills are worth at least £5m on their own (6 wins and a draw in my last eight), never mind my cultured right foot.

• Like 1

I have to say, it is ideal timing for Howard to leave. He is not as consistent these days, can have awesome games but also some very poor ones and I imagine the ratio would only get worse as he gets older.

Big rebuild job is on in the summer for this Everton squad, or it should be anyway. New goalkeeper, couple of new starting defenders and undoubtedly some striking reinforcements.

22 hours ago, Lineker said:

The annoying thing about Adebayor is that because he is essentially playing for a contract next season, he will likely be good for Palace for the next few months. Saving his shiteness for when he has a longer term contract secured. Oh well.

That's fine. We played Palace last weekend so he'll be playing against our rivals.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lineker said:

Tim Howard is believed to be in talks for a move to Colorado Rapids at the end of the season.

So it looks like that random Manchester United fans dream of selling DeGea for 15 million and buying Howard for 5 million will go unrealized.:(

6 hours ago, Noah said:

So it looks like that random Manchester United fans dream of selling DeGea for 15 million and buying Howard for 5 million will go unrealized.:(

They are gonna buy Howard from Colorado for 5 million.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Townsend is a cunt anyway, "wehh, I've been benched for one game I don't want to play for you any more wehhhh". Embarrassing attitude for a professional footballer.

To be fair, I think he kind of had to leave. You get the feeling he would've loved to have kept playing for Spurs, but he just isn't good enough for us. It's that, or we don't suit him. I think he'll do really well for a side who is more likely to counter attack, but we seem to dominate possession these days, and I don't think Andros is technically good enough for that. Writing's been on the wall long before he had his falling out with our fitness coach, Onomah had already moved ahead of him in the pecking order. Good luck to him, though. He comes across alright to me! 

11 hours ago, TCO said:

Joel hasn't been that bad from what I've seen, he worth a shot?

Yeah he's alright, again he is a bit hit and miss sometimes. I like him but I don't think I'd want him as a long term first choice, not if the club genuinely wants to be in the top 6 and pushing for top 4 anytime soon.