Euro 2016

Lineker

7 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

"It was a friendly". It was also less than a week before a major tournament and Wales got beat 3-0. If you're trying to say England's loss against Sweden four years ago is anything like Wales losing - and losing badly - to Sweden a week before the beginning of a major tournament then LOL.

You know what, that's exactly what I'm saying in terms of relevance to the current tournament. That soul crushing, morale decimating game last week clearly shook our whole squad and you could see that they were all struggling to hold back tears yesterday. 

Meanwhile, England, who according to you are probably the best team in the world because they won three friendlies, put those to good use when they beat Rus...oh. 

2 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

You know what, that's exactly what I'm saying in terms of relevance to the current tournament. That soul crushing, morale decimating game last week clearly shook our whole squad and you could see that they were all struggling to hold back tears yesterday. 

Meanwhile, England, who according to you are probably the best team in the world because they won three friendlies, put those to good use when they beat Rus...oh. 

But we won a moral victory. And that counts as 4 points, so we are top of the group.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Considering Russia outscored Wales in qualifying massively and that they weren't exactly troubled by Sweden - another team with not much else about them except for one of the best players in the world (and didn't Sweden just beat Wales, for that matter?) - arguably they are the strongest team England will face in the group.

I'd definitely be more worried about Wales than Russia. They're going to be more motivated than anyone for that game and Bale alone is enough to make them a potential slip-up.