Euro 2016

Lineker

That's simply not good enough, all the good play counted for nothing as Kane was always offside and Sterling was just useless. It's really disappointing because it's the best England have looked in a long time but they threw it away at the end, don't think the negative subsitutions by Roy helped the matter.

I was going to suggest that Hoddle's commentary about summed it up. When we went 1-0 up, he said something along the lines of 'Don't need to push, just see it out.' Promoting a negative style of play, which is all too regularly the way we look to do things.

Just now, Mad Jack said:

Which is why I said 'best team in the group' and not 'the team that has won 1 of their last 5 internationals'.

Russia looked poor. I'd take Wales to beat Russia on today's proceedings any day of the weak.

A better team than us would have turned Russia over big time. They offered nothing outside of the goal.