8 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Cespedes cooked the $7,000 hog he bought earlier this week.

I want us all to remember the last two weeks of his super special cars, and horse buying, for years from now when he's filing for bankruptcy.

"Take it from me, Yoenis Cespedes:  Preparation H knocks pain out of the park.  Preparation H helps Yoenis."

:(

• Like 2

Maicer Izturis announces his retirement, therefore leaving Bartolo Colon as the last active player who played for the Expos.  I hope Colon is somehow, someway in a Spring Training camp in 2020, trying to make a team at 46 years old so he can play into his fourth decade.

Come to think, looking at the list of active players who played in the '90s it seems like Adrian Beltre is the only guy with a realistic chance to become the next four-decade player.  He'd only be 41 in 2020 and his hitting hasn't really started to erode yet so it's not unreasonable to think he could still be DHing or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm strongly considering going.  The only Mets fan friend I have that wouldn't cheap out and actually go with me can't make it so I might just go solo.  It could be the only time I get to see a NL Champs banner get raised.  Wish it were a World Champs banner but hey, still pretty damn awesome.

Just in case you wanted a reminder that even something as traditional and routine as putting your best pitcher on the mound on Opening Day can be nixed in favor of money, the Marlins have tabbed Wei-Yin Chen to start on Opening Day over Jose Fernandez.  The reason being given is that starting Fernandez in the second game will somehow allow the team to limit his innings throughout the year, even though no team ever goes wire-to-wire with the same rotation order all year anyway.

The real reason is clearly that Opening Day sells itself for every team, and since the Marlins can't draw for shit otherwise they'd rather save their marquee pitcher for the next home game.

A-Rod stayed on the field last year and put up 33 HRs.  If he puts up similar power numbers in these last two years of his deal (no gimme given his age, mind) do you really think his massive ego will allow him to retire with the all-time record in very realistic striking distance for 2018?  I don't know if the entire league would blackball him like it did with Bonds in 2008.  I feel as though some team would definitely bring him on to draw fans in to see the record be broken, possibly the Yankees themselves if they want to backtrack on their claims that they can't market his HR milestones because they're tainted.

Totally seems like a Marlins thing to do if the NL has a DH by then.

1 hour ago, Buschan Danielson said:

A-Rod stayed on the field last year and put up 33 HRs.  If he puts up similar power numbers in these last two years of his deal (no gimme given his age, mind) do you really think his massive ego will allow him to retire with the all-time record in very realistic striking distance for 2018?  I don't know if the entire league would blackball him like it did with Bonds in 2008.  I feel as though some team would definitely bring him on to draw fans in to see the record be broken, possibly the Yankees themselves if they want to backtrack on their claims that they can't market his HR milestones because they're tainted.

Totally seems like a Marlins thing to do if the NL has a DH by then.

That would require Loria to pay him for more than three months.

But they're stadium's not even old!

I just read the best scouting report ever. It was about Evan Gattis. " Gattis swings the bat like he's in some weird Jason Statham movie where if he doesn't give it every ounce of energy he has, he'll die.:D

Can we please make this a movie? 

Edited by ElTiburon
  • Like 1