5 hours ago, Meacon said:

Braves sign Sean-Rod for two years. The guy can play everywhere but pitcher and catcher for them. Not a bad signing. He's only 31 though which is a decade younger than their other signings. Potential youth movement? :o

Further proof that they're trying to replicate the Maddon style.  I still don't think they contend next year, but they're still making some decent moves.

4 hours ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

Here's one you don't see every day.

Brewers sign 30-year old 1B Eric Thames to a 3 years, $15 million deal with a club option for a 4th year.

Thames hasn't played in the big leagues since 2012. They're gambling on his recent 3 year stint in Korea where he hit at a .348 clip with 124 HR and 379 RBI.

It's a bit silly when you think that they just cut last year's home run leader to sign Korea's home run leader. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toe said:

If Edwin signed that same deal with the Jays, I'd feel the same way.

My initial reaction was like, eh, that's a bit too much for a guy two year's older. Then I'm all like, it's not my money. What do I care? I want Eddy back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Canadian Destroyer said:

My initial reaction was like, eh, that's a bit too much for a guy two year's older. Then I'm all like, it's not my money. What do I care? I want Eddy back.

Exactly.

Cubs sign Jon Jay, 1-year $8m deal. Not a bad pickup, solid signing. He did well enough for the Padres last year.

International caps have been adjusted, but it's still likely that the usual suspects will snap up most of the top guys.  Teams no longer have to forfeit first round picks to sign qualifying offer-eligible free agents - but teams below the luxury tax thresholds will have to surrender their third round pick and teams above the threshold will have to give up their second and fifth round picks.  That should avoid screwing over borderline players who don't take the qualifying offer.

Oh, and the luxury tax threshold will increase each year.  This CBA is very heavily slanted to the big market cash cow teams.