On November 3, 2016 at 07:30, Adam said:

Never thought I'd post in this thread, but congrats to the Cubs and all our Cubs fans here! We love a good underdog story in the UK, so this is perfect.

I've always known of the Cubs' drought for trivia purposes (and so I can point out it is longer than my NFL Cardinals' drought) but not any more, awesome stuff.

I actually dreamt last night that the Indians won it as well, woke up and saw that wasn't the case. Maybe this is the year the world ends.

In a twist, Noelle is actually Srar's new best friend that she's been telling us about. I don't think it's a coincidence she never told us "new best friend's" name.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

In a twist, Noelle is actually Srar's new best friend that she's been telling us about. I don't think it's a coincidence she never told us "new best friend's" name.

Look for me in Holy Foley season 2 :P 

57 minutes ago, damshow said:

5 million people turned up for the parade today.

Not bad.

Me and the Kiddos were 3 of the 5 million! :o 

Also I may or may not be Flying the W on my body permanently now :shifty: 

• Like 4

Award Finalists announced:

AL MVP

Jose Altuve , Houston Astros
Mookie Betts , Boston Red Sox
Mike Trout , Los Angeles Angels

NL MVP

Kris Bryant , Chicago Cubs
Daniel Murphy , Washington Nationals
Corey Seager , Los Angeles Dodgers

AL Cy Young

Corey Kluber , Cleveland Indians
Rick Porcello , Red Sox
Justin Verlander , Detroit Tigers

NL Cy Young

Kyle Hendricks , Cubs
Jon Lester , Cubs
Max Scherzer , Nationals

AL Rookie of the Year

Michael Fulmer , Tigers
Tyler Naquin , Indians
Gary Sanchez , New York Yankees

NL Rookie of the Year

Kenta Maeda , Dodgers
Corey Seager, Dodgers
Trea Turner , Nationals

AL Manager of the Year

Jeff Banister, Texas Rangers
Terry Francona, Indians
Buck Showalter, Baltimore Orioles

NL Manager of the Year

Dusty Baker, Nationals
Joe Maddon, Cubs
Dave Roberts, Dodgers

I'm thinking Betts and Bryant will take the MVPs, both in tight races over Trout and Murphy.

Cy Youngs are a much tougher call. My gut says Porcello and Scherzer because there are still a lot older of "wins = Cy Young" voters, but I'd prefer Kluber in the AL at least.

I'd guess Fulmer wins a close one over Sanchez with the short stint hurting Sanchez in the end. The only question with Seager is if he wins unanimously.

Francona in the AL feels like a safe bet especially after the injuries down the stretch. Similarly, Roberts had to negotiate through a ton of injuries and the Cubs being projected to be amazing anyway could hurt Maddon's votes.

I'd like to see Altuve win the AL MVP. Seager's gotta be a lock for NL ROTY, Naquin or Fulmer for AL ROTY. Surely Kluber's a lock for the AL Cy Young as well.

2 hours ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

Award Finalists announced:

I'm thinking Betts and Bryant will take the MVPs, both in tight races over Trout and Murphy.

Cy Youngs are a much tougher call. My gut says Porcello and Scherzer because there are still a lot older of "wins = Cy Young" voters, but I'd prefer Kluber in the AL at least.

I'd guess Fulmer wins a close one over Sanchez with the short stint hurting Sanchez in the end. The only question with Seager is if he wins unanimously.

Francona in the AL feels like a safe bet especially after the injuries down the stretch. Similarly, Roberts had to negotiate through a ton of injuries and the Cubs being projected to be amazing anyway could hurt Maddon's votes.

I pretty much agree with you, except I think Kluber will get the AL Cy Young, not Porcello. But it won't surprise me if I'm wrong. I'd give the NL to Hendricks, but that's just my opinion.

As long as Dusty Baker doesn't win the NL Manage of the Year, I'll be happy. But Maddon does deserve it.

It's absolutely mental to realize that Mike Trout is only 25 yet an MVP finalist for the 5th year in a row.  And yet he's still only going to have one after this year because he's been saddled with some crappy teams that didn't make the playoffs and happened to be in the same league as a Triple Crown winner one year.

7 hours ago, damshow said:

Britton not making the Cy Young ballot is pretty upsetting, I know people don't want to give it to relievers but dude was the best reliever in baseball and did things we might never see again.

But even so, he didn't have to do what every other starting pitcher had to do, which is face every batter in the lineup at least 3 times. Britton came into games and faced guys once and sometimes didn't face the best batters on the team. 

Britton was incredible. His ERA+ was 827! But still, he didn't have to do what a starter did.