21 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

You guys I don't know if I can go to sleep tonight.

:wub::wub::wub:

Just curious, how'd you become a Cubs fan?

2 minutes ago, Lint said:

Just curious, how'd you become a Cubs fan?

WGN. Cubs games would air in the afternoon in the spring/summer/fall, and I'd come home and watch the Cubs play after school, or in the summer or during breaks when nothing else was on TV in the afternoon. The two teams I got to watch play most often were the Cubs, and, because of TBS, the Braves. 

• Like 4

Just saw a great quote on Facebook "It takes rain to end a drought and tonight it took a rain delay to end the Cubs 108-year drought."

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

WGN. Cubs games would air in the afternoon in the spring/summer/fall, and I'd come home and watch the Cubs play after school, or in the summer or during breaks when nothing else was on TV in the afternoon. The two teams I got to watch play most often were the Cubs, and, because of TBS, the Braves. 

Alrighty, was just curious!  Since you live in a state without an MLB team, was wondering how that came about.  Makes total sense.  Growing up, we had pretty much 2 of every station.  Since we were about an hour from Philly, and roughly 2-2.5 hours from New York, we had a New York and Philly version of Fox, NBC, CBS and ABC, so if it weren't for my mom and my uncle, I might be a New York fan today <_<

2 minutes ago, Lint said:

Alrighty, was just curious!  Since you live in a state without an MLB team, was wondering how that came about.  Makes total sense.  Growing up, we had pretty much 2 of every station.  Since we were about an hour from Philly, and roughly 2-2.5 hours from New York, we had a New York and Philly version of Fox, NBC, CBS and ABC, so if it weren't for my mom and my uncle, I might be a New York fan today <_<

It's basically either "root for the team nearest here" or, if you grew up watching the Braves on TBS or the Cubs on WGN, you'd root for them. Otherwise people from here root for the Cardinals (ugh) or the Rangers.

• Like 1

Well seeing as most of the Cubs fans on here are some of my favourite people on EWB and I can't not be happy for such cool people, I wont take the shine off your deserved win by dragging the mood down too much.

I'll just let the stars of arrested development convey my current mood as an Indians fan and leave ya'll to celebrate.

• Like 2

Kris Bryant's face/full body giggle as he throws that final out is bloody wonderful.

also there's something special about that last play being Bryant-Rizzo.

Everything is just so perfect.

• Like 1

Never thought I'd post in this thread, but congrats to the Cubs and all our Cubs fans here! We love a good underdog story in the UK, so this is perfect.

I've always known of the Cubs' drought for trivia purposes (and so I can point out it is longer than my NFL Cardinals' drought) but not any more, awesome stuff.

I actually dreamt last night that the Indians won it as well, woke up and saw that wasn't the case. Maybe this is the year the world ends.