Good.  I've been a big believer in transparency with the HOF voting.  It's a shame they didn't do this last year so the 3 voters who screwed Junior out of 100% would have to explain themselves.

I'd say there's a very good chance either Mo or Jeter get to 100% now.  MAYBE somebody will say no to Mo because they refuse to ever vote closers.  Not voting for Jeter can't be justified by any measure.

Boston has great player development, so they'll give up a ton but in just a few years replenish what they lost. 2 of the guys in the trade are years behind, those are easily replaceable. It's why I can't understand why Washington doesn't trade away prospects. They always have an eye for talent at the low levels and develop it well. If you have the right organizational structure a trade like this is a no-brainer. Unfortunately for me Boston is one such organization.

2 hours ago, The Canadian Destroyer said:

Desmond to the Rockies. He might see a lot of time at first unless they deal one of their outfielders.

From the ESPN article - it sounds like they signed him to play first base. Seems odd - but if he hits like he did last season, it should be fine.