Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

Man I picked the wrong day to not look at the news.

Watford and Hull signing loads of players. Hull needed to I guess.

I think it's crap that one of England's best keepers is being forced to play for a midtable Serie A team. That is poor. Erm, also I hope David Luiz comes back, he's funny even if he is a bit of twonk.

Also, Everton still yet to sign any of the three players they still need. Super duper.

• Like 1

I really thought the only realistic team Joe Hart could have went to is Everton and the fact he has ended up in Italy with Torino still confuses me. I mean good on him for going abroad I wish more English players did so but it just seems so random like Joe Cole at Lille. 

I wonder if City offered to pay a bigger percentage of his wages to foreign clubs than English, if PL sides were turning down the chance to sign him due to wages, there's no fucking way Torino can offer comparable wages.

• Admin

Leicester have agreed a club record fee of €35m (£30m) with Sporting Lisbon for Islam Slimani, with the Algeria striker due to fly to Italy today to complete his medical.

Emmanuel Riviere has left Newcastle to join Osasuna on a season-long loan.

Sunderland could be set to smash their transfer record today with the signing of Gabon midfielder Didier N'Dong. Talks are advanced with Lorient over the midfielder and he's set to travel to Sunderland today for a medical. Their previous transfer record is £13m - for Asamoah Gyan six years ago. N'Dong is one of up to four or five players Sunderland could sign today.

Sky sources understand Sunderland and Norwich in talks over the permanent transfer of goalkeeper John Ruddy.

Sky sources are telling us Tottenham have made a bid for Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko. Plenty of reports this morning suggesting the offer is £16m, however, Newcastle’s valuation has been reported to be as high as £30m.

Jack Wilshere is set to choose between Crystal Palace and Bournemouth as his destination on a season long loan, Sky sources understand.

Derby midfielder Jeff Hendrick is having a medical at Burnley.

Sebastien Pocognoli has joined Brighton on a season-long loan from West Brom.

Jack Wilshere is set to choose between Crystal Palace and Bournemouth as his destination on a season long loan, Sky sources understand.

Everton forward Shani Tarashaj has joined Eintracht Frankfurt on a season-long loan deal.

Everton are close to agreeing a club record deal to sign Yacine Brahimi from FC Porto, with the Algeria forward expected on Merseyside on Wednesday to complete a medical. Despite signing Yannick Bolasie for an initial £25m from Crystal Palace, Ronald Koeman is still searching for more reinforcements to his attack and has targeted Brahimi and Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini. But while progress in the move for Gabbiadini has so far stalled, negotiations with Porto for the 26-year-old are ongoing, with Everton offering a deal that could be worth up to £35m. The Portuguese club has yet to accept that, although it is expected an agreement will be reached and Brahimi will move to Goodison Park.

• Admin

Sky sources understand Swansea are considering a loan deal for West Ham striker Enner Valencia. Valencia is out of favour at Upton Park and the Hammers are keen to send him out on loan. 

Adama Traore, the Aston Villa winger, is booked in for a medical on Teeside today, thereby placing the Middlesbrough future of Albert Adomah in doubt. Calum Chambers is already signed and sealed as a Middlesbrough defender, having completed his season long loan deal last night.

• Admin

@Liam Sky Sports understand Fulham are in discussions over signing Emmanuel Adebayor. :lol: 

Sky sources understand Newcastle will sell Moussa Sissoko to Tottenham. Newcastle want £30m for the midfielder and the club will accept five payments of £6m per instalment.

Gokhan Inler has completed his move from Leicester to Besiktas.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Adama Traore, the Aston Villa winger, is booked in for a medical on Teeside today, thereby placing the Middlesbrough future of Albert Adomah in doubt. Calum Chambers is already signed and sealed as a Middlesbrough defender, having completed his season long loan deal last night.

Not sure of the substance, but apparently it might be a trade, Traore for Adomah. I'm not really familiar with Adomah, but Traore has not been shy in saying he doesn't want to stay with us any longer, and he looks pretty half-arsed on the pitch often, so sure, why not. The whole point of this window from the offset was supposed to be to get rid of the antagonisers within the squad. Gabby and Richards appear to have been bombed out, if Traore doesn't want to stay and play, we'd be best off without him. If he stays though, he needs to play.

29 minutes ago, Colly said:

Riviere has gone to Osasuna. :(

I am enjoying making Sissoko stew, hope he goes nowhere.

He wants to go to Real Madrid and now he's got less than 12 hours to decide between West Brom and being re-Pardewed.