Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

The trial is to do with him trying to clear his name. He has already been convicted and done the time. If the retrial reaffirms he's a rapist... Well...

Anyway, a sad and desperate move by Chesterfield. Let the publicity shitstorm commence.

I think if they took him on to train and then see what happens after the trial it's a sensible move, but I'd imagine they'll be playing him for August and September which could go very badly if he's convicted.

I'm pretty happy with our fixture list. Accrington away on the opening day will be a good one to go to, Morecambe, Blackpool and Grimsby are all at reasonable times of the year, and on Saturdays, to go to the seaside and combine it with the football, and our 'local' derbies with Notts County and Mansfield are both over christmas.

@GA! it's Grimsby v Rovers on April 1st, and Rovers v Grimsby on December 17th. If you're at either game let me know!

Likewise @MDK, Orient come to Donny on November 26th. Reverse fixture is March 18th but I doubt I'll be going to that one.

55 minutes ago, GA! said:

Damn it, my chance to start a thread - thrown away!

I feel your pain.

What's worse is all this 'EFL' nonsense. Lineker is peddling the corporate spiel now all his teams are in the Premier League.