Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

Honestly, it might be the best game I've ever played and I'm about 20% of the way through it. There's so much to do, the world is so dense with interesting things to see and do and it actually feels like a living, breathing world and it's all designed, built and applied wonderfully. Rockstar are the only company I will fully trust with a pre-order and this type of game is the reason why.

4 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Honestly, it might be the best game I've ever played and I'm about 20% of the way through it. There's so much to do, the world is so dense with interesting things to see and do and it actually feels like a living, breathing world and it's all designed, built and applied wonderfully. Rockstar are the only company I will fully trust with a pre-order and this type of game is the reason why.

Out of interest, what is there to do in the open world that is different from the first game? 

I'm at 15% completion and really enjoying it so far, but aside from the stuff they've added for realism purposes with the horses and having to keep your Cores up, it doesn't feel all that different. It's not a criticism but maybe I'm missing something at the moment or just haven't played enough.

Bought a boat.

Paddled out to an island.

Did some hunting.

Boat disappeared.

Tried to swim back to mainland.

Ran out of stamina.

Drowned.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Out of interest, what is there to do in the open world that is different from the first game? 

I'm at 15% completion and really enjoying it so far, but aside from the stuff they've added for realism purposes with the horses and having to keep your Cores up, it doesn't feel all that different. It's not a criticism but maybe I'm missing something at the moment or just haven't played enough.

No idea, didn't play the first one.

Another minor annoyance. The black guy (I forgot his name I know I'm horrible) came running back talking about another guy getting caught. Well I had to take him to town to get him drunk or whatever. We take the long ass ride to town and right as we get there I accidentally bumped a guy with my horse....FAILED! The law has noticed me apparently and the fucking mission is over. I turned the game off. I mean it's fine it's not hard to get around next time I play but that is so fucking dumb and annoying and tedious because I have to do the whole damn horse ride again

I stumbled across a Klan rally or something earlier. So I did the obvious thing.

35Vw9cS.jpg

Killed them then piled them up at the foot of their shitty burning cross. I also punched one of their horses. I didn't actually mean to do that part cause they're probably not racist horses, but I'll let it serve as a message that I've got my eye on them. They were owned by Klan members after all and there's no smoke without fire. Particularly near burning symbols. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Another minor annoyance. The black guy (I forgot his name I know I'm horrible) came running back talking about another guy getting caught. Well I had to take him to town to get him drunk or whatever. We take the long ass ride to town and right as we get there I accidentally bumped a guy with my horse....FAILED! The law has noticed me apparently and the fucking mission is over. I turned the game off. I mean it's fine it's not hard to get around next time I play but that is so fucking dumb and annoying and tedious because I have to do the whole damn horse ride again

OH god you missed out on THE BEST part of the game so far

• Like 2

The losing your hat thing isn't cute anymore. It's annoying. Also that mission getting drunk with Lenny was really fun but the fact that I ended up like 500 miles from my horse and had to walk all the way back sucks. Say what you want about quick travel but "realism" really fucking sucks sometimes

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

Why does the hat thing bother you :lol: 

You can 'unlock' fast travel by the way, from the camp at least, when you upgrade Arthur's lodgings. Alternatively you can take a stagecoach or a train.

I can't use a stagecoach until I pay my $500 bounty :pervert: