Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

2 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

throw the opponent to the floor (run button while grappling near ropes), run the ropes, hope the opponent stands dazed and hit circle.

there's a bit of timing involved as it's a Sasuke Special, but you don't have to be near the middle of the ring like in say No Mercy.

I can see this is going to take some practice. Luckily I've resolved to spend as much of my earthly time playing this game as possible.

• Like 2

I JUST UNLOCKED THE YES LOCK :lol:

29 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

So, is there going to be anyway to download edit's as a bulk? Do we know that yet?

Also, can I not edit wrestlers that I have downloaded from the Workshop, or is that unlocked when I complete this Mission Mode?

I wondering this, so far I've been making new ones with downloads as the model.. which seems like a lot of effort to change a Japanese name to an English one. 

44 minutes ago, Avenged said:

I wondering this, so far I've been making new ones with downloads as the model.. which seems like a lot of effort to change a Japanese name to an English one. 

It just already seems like it will be a chore to download edits. Especially as I know I will end up with duplicates.

I'm guessing in order to seperate them out, I create a new promotion (example, WWE) then create stables (RAW, Smackdown etc)? Not sure if stables are capped at a certain number and whether or not the alignment makes a difference.

49 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

It just already seems like it will be a chore to download edits. Especially as I know I will end up with duplicates.

I'm guessing in order to seperate them out, I create a new promotion (example, WWE) then create stables (RAW, Smackdown etc)? Not sure if stables are capped at a certain number and whether or not the alignment makes a difference.

In FPR alignments USED to determine if seconds would run in, but I havent experimented with that in FPW yet to see how it works now.

Stables should be capped to how much memory is on your hard drive (and the info seems really compressed, like, single-digit KB)

37 minutes ago, Katsuya said:

The NL guys have got a collection on the Workshop page - not sure if you can download them all in one go, I've just been picking the ones that looked best so far.

Played briefly on lunch, gonna get in to it after work.

Excuse my ignorance but....NL guys?

41 minutes ago, LUKIE said:

I was expecting a lot more playable characters.

It IS a really anemic roster especially by Fire Pro standards, but I think the devs decided that the edit making community being as strong as it is that a barebones default roster was all that was needed.

3 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

throw the opponent to the floor (run button while grappling near ropes), run the ropes, hope the opponent stands dazed and hit circle.

there's a bit of timing involved as it's a Sasuke Special, but you don't have to be near the middle of the ring like in say No Mercy.

Okay so I have no issue throwing them out, I just have no idea at which point during the rope run I'm meant to hit the button (I'm assuming circle is b on an Xbox controller)

3 minutes ago, Avenged said:

Okay so I have no issue throwing them out, I just have no idea at which point during the rope run I'm meant to hit the button (I'm assuming circle is b on an Xbox controller)

I remember hitting it about a half-second before I got to the ropes. Just remember, this is a dive with a tumbling action before.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

2 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

I remember hitting it about a half-second before I got to the ropes. Just remember, this is a dive with a tumbling action before.

Okay it turns out you don't actually need to do the rope run, can just press the button and direction whilst next to the ropes to do the move.

Now to actually connect with it..

3 minutes ago, Avenged said:

Okay it turns out you don't actually need to do the rope run, can just press the button and direction whilst next to the ropes to do the move.

Now to actually connect with it..

The trick is to have them worn down so that they stand up dazed after you throw them out. After that connecting will be simple.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Got the hang of it after a few tries, thanks :) 

6 hours ago, Avenged said:

When you download a wrestler they aren't assigned to a stable, so you can't see them in the roster. You've got to assign them to a team in the editor to use them.