Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

2 minutes ago, Apsham said:

The controller works out of the box and it's the best way to play! Get on it.

NEVER I AM KEYBOARD MASTER

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doctor Bigfoot said:

Be like me and use both! 360 controller during matches, keyboard during edits :w00t:

Yar, this be the way I sail the Fire Pro seas.  Sticks for the beats, keys for the deets.

Don't be fooled by the "Partial Controller Support" listed on the page.  I've played it with a Dualshock 4, wired XBox One, and wired XBox 360 controller.  All worked flawlessly (though for wireless DS4, go nab InputMapper or something akin to it.)

• Like 4

The game itself seems to have an issue when moving quickly between items.

How is everyone sorting their downloaded guys right now? Mine feels all over the place. I currently have:

WWF

• Golden Era
  • New Gen Era
  • Attitude Era

WWE

• Ruthless Era
  • PG Era
  • Current Roster

WCW

• Four Horsemen
  • nWo
  • WCW
  • Retro

And then rosters for AJPW, NJPW, ROH and Other that are just singular categories so I can sort them later. I'm 50/50 on these CAWs - I really like the subscription system where if it gets updated, you'll download the new version but it sucks that it makes it uneditable - I assume because it would get overwritten if the creator pushed a new version anyways. It'd be nice to have an in game (non-Steam browser) way to find the best versions. If this is like the WWE games there are going to be 50 initial versions of say.. Nakamura and then someone is going to make an actually great one in a week or so and it'll never see the light of day.

1 hour ago, Katsuya said:

My controller seems a bit jumpy on menus, like it's overly sensitive at times. Can't seem to work out why though, no settings playing up :/

If you're using a Dualshock controller, you don't need DS3/DS4. I was using it and had the same issue, but closed it and my problem was gone.

I couldn't even get it to recognize my controller. No matter, since now that I unlocked everything in mission mode I'll just be simming from now on.

SPEAKING OF SIMS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Bigfoot said:

None of them are Spider Jack.

BOOOOOO I WANNA FIGHT IN THE NAME OF THE SPIDER QUEEN ALREADY. :angry:

Spider Jack is on my list, being a PGCW guy and all.

Doing his attire will be a good excersize for me to see if I can replicate the sheer effect I used to give him a 'mesh' shirt in FPR.

Casual reminder that you should try to make a habit of just cloning the workshop edits you DL for the time being anyways, as there's currently a huge bug that makes it so workshop edits have their priorities reset to Weak Strike > Pick Up Opponent, thus making it so many won't ever go for a pin. 

I'm waiting on some sort of answer on a major question I sent in to Spike Chunsoft before I make my guide. I was going to just do a CPU Logic guide, but I've decided to just do a flat out Edit Mode guide for all aspects of it, in order to give a better base for everyone to go off of. I'd pump the guide out ASAP, but I need that answer because without it I can't even do a whole section properly due to a potentially gigantic bug in Edit Mode. <_<

Well this is fun.

There is a constant update of 0 bytes always sitting there now and eventually it gives up and lets me play the game, but now the initial CAW load is taking forever and in fact hasn't finished yet. First time it got stuck on 17/64 and now it's stuck on 55/64.

Edit: Steam itself had a workshop issue, lame - since 95% of the game is predicated upon the workshop working all the time.

Holy shit. There's a move in the game (you need to use it for a mission) where you pull a chair out of no where, toss it to an enemy and the referee treats it like it was a submission. He comes over and looks between you on the ground, cowering and pointing to the chair and your bewildered opponent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Apsham said:

Holy shit. There's a move in the game (you need to use it for a mission) where you pull a chair out of no where, toss it to an enemy and the referee treats it like it was a submission. He comes over and looks between you on the ground, cowering and pointing to the chair and your bewildered opponent.

The Chair's Illusion! Best part is, when you win by it, instead of listing the move name it just says "Win".

• Like 2

Argh. Friday when I have money can't get here soon enough. I wanna make edits damn it!

1 hour ago, OctoberRavenO said:

The Chair's Illusion! Best part is, when you win by it, instead of listing the move name it just says "Win".

I first saw this in a battle royal. Some guy pulled it on me but nothing came of it as it was a battle royal. But i was worried I might get disqualified.