Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

30 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

When you download a wrestler they aren't assigned to a stable, so you can't see them in the roster. You've got to assign them to a team in the editor to use them.

That's not what I was asking :P

I see tights of green, red shinguards too
I see CRITICAL!s, for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

I see Dag Boomer and Steel Johnson
The strike exchanges, they are so awesome
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

Return of match ratings, so pretty in my eye
I'm building an edit, and watching it fly
I see them shaking hands saying how do you do
But they're really saying "I'm gonna armbar you"

I hear referees, and I watch them bump.
So many taunts, like Bas Rutten's jump.
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
Yes, I think to myself what a wonderful world.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Avenged said:

That's not what I was asking :P

... oh, I see.

Yeah you probably won't be able to do that because of how the Steam Workshop works.

• Like 1

So here's a question. Is the logic system the same as FPR? Like, I'm wondering if I can load up FPR and copy down the logic of Muta, Styles, Sting, Hayabusa,etc and then make them in FPW and give them that correct logic.

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

So here's a question. Is the logic system the same as FPR? Like, I'm wondering if I can load up FPR and copy down the logic of Muta, Styles, Sting, Hayabusa,etc and then make them in FPW and give them that correct logic.

Almost. The dedicated pin buttons change things up a bit, otherwise yeah.

11 hours ago, Apsham said:

I might have to remake the Underquaker, which was of course - Earthquake in original Undertaker's attire.

I was really hoping that would be The Undertaker, but he eschews modern technology and sells handmade quilts

• Like 4

I had a look at some of the edits. Glad to see that the smaller women no longer have to look like bridge trolls.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, =BK= said:

Er, yes and no.

The logic system is mostly the same, but you can't actually access the logic of Default characters in FPR. When you clone a default character it resets their parameters and CPU Logic, so unless you have edits of them with fully done CPU Logic, that won't work out too well.

Would anyone like me to do some sort of Logic Guide for Fire Pro World, actually? While I'm still fine tuning my current edits, I've spent a lot of time in that section, and I feel like CPU Logic is even simpler to grasp in World. Plus it'll help other early adopters, since half the edits on the workshop don't have the AI done for them. :P

EDIT: Actually, doubly so, since there's currently a glitch when it comes to getting Edits off the workshop that makes certain parts of the CPU Logic glitch out. So that guide might be useful for anyone to have really...

Edited by Sean O'Game

This sounds great, but I don't really game on PC, and don't have a gamepad for my laptop. Is there any advantage to getting it now, rather than waiting for a PS4 release?

Had a great match as Owens vs. Misawa last night. No matter how much I did, I couldn't keep him down for a three count. Ended up powerbombing him three times outside the ring to win by countout in about 20 minutes, which I thought was an Owens-enough thing to do.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sean O'Game said:

Er, yes and no.

The logic system is mostly the same, but you can't actually access the logic of Default characters in FPR. When you clone a default character it resets their parameters and CPU Logic, so unless you have edits of them with fully done CPU Logic, that won't work out too well.

Would anyone like me to do some sort of Logic Guide for Fire Pro World, actually? While I'm still fine tuning my current edits, I've spent a lot of time in that section, and I feel like CPU Logic is even simpler to grasp in World. Plus it'll help other early adopters, since half the edits on the workshop don't have the AI done for them. :P

EDIT: Actually, doubly so, since there's currently a glitch when it comes to getting Edits off the workshop that makes certain parts of the CPU Logic glitch out. So that guide might be useful for anyone to have really...

That'd be great. I never got a good grasp on the logic.

33 minutes ago, Katsuya said:

Had a great match as Owens vs. Misawa last night. No matter how much I did, I couldn't keep him down for a three count. Ended up powerbombing him three times outside the ring to win by countout in about 20 minutes, which I thought was an Owens-enough thing to do.

Is there a pack available people have downloaded or what's the go? I haven't really looked to be honest.

No packs. Edits are downloaded one by one from the Steam workshop.

27 minutes ago, =BK= said:

No packs. Edits are downloaded one by one from the Steam workshop.

Technically if someone has created a collection, you can subscribe to that collection which will download all items in said collection. 

4 hours ago, Skummy said:

This sounds great, but I don't really game on PC, and don't have a gamepad for my laptop. Is there any advantage to getting it now, rather than waiting for a PS4 release?

I'll say that what sold me on the PC version is that I had picked up a cheap, wired 360 controller and had familiarity with Steam Workshop.  If you only want to play the matches and don't mind strictly doing your own edits (I'm leery of how downloadable characters will be presented for the PS4), then wait for the console release.