Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Carlton Cole sacked for being shit: 

To be fair, there's a hell of a step down between Essien and Carlton Cole.

• Admin

Sky sources: Robbin Ruiter will fly into the north east tomorrow to undergo a medical with Sunderland. The Dutch goalkeeper, who has spent time on trial at The Stadium of Light this summer, will sign a two-year-deal. The 30-year-old is a free-agent after leaving Utrecht at the end of last season. 

16 minutes ago, MDK said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40800757

I was bang on the banana with this one, mate.

Still wasn't quite done at the time - and isn't quite done yet!

Ridiculous really. I wonder if prices will drop in the next few seasons or just continue to rise. If the PL TV deals keep costing so much, transfers to English sides certainly won't go down.

This Neymar transfer is embarrassing for everyone involved. FFP may as well be abolished now, it does nothing. £200m to sign a footballer? The amount of money being thrown around, particularly to agents (Neymar's father in this case?) is utterly, utterly insane. 

From a footballing stand-point as well, Neymar is a prize dick. Can't handle that he isn't as good as Messi so is going to play in an inferior league where he can be billy big bollocks. I will laugh hard if he flops at the World Cup next summer even with the relaxing French league season he's going to have. 

Someone calculated the amount of Freddos you could buy with that sum on there as well.

A local Rovers writer (I'm not the only one, honest) calculated that for that price, you could buy James Coppinger 5,842 times. Enough to see 9 of him in each side in England's top 5 leagues.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rooney! said:

This Neymar transfer is embarrassing for everyone involved. FFP may as well be abolished now, it does nothing. £200m to sign a footballer? The amount of money being thrown around, particularly to agents (Neymar's father in this case?) is utterly, utterly insane. 

From a footballing stand-point as well, Neymar is a prize dick. Can't handle that he isn't as good as Messi so is going to play in an inferior league where he can be billy big bollocks. I will laugh hard if he flops at the World Cup next summer even with the relaxing French league season he's going to have. 

The dad is key in this one, I feel like. With the commission he's making is it any surprise he's pushed for this move? It's appalling.

I'd love it if PSG didn't win the French league this season though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Still wasn't quite done at the time - and isn't quite done yet!

Ridiculous really. I wonder if prices will drop in the next few seasons or just continue to rise. If the PL TV deals keep costing so much, transfers to English sides certainly won't go down.

There's got to be a ceiling on the revenues that come from domestic broadcasters as there has to be a point where people aren't going to pay the increasing subscription prices, but then, in the same vein as WWE, the next source of revenue becomes the expansion of the international markets like China.

I still think Neymar's fee is an anomaly because the PSG owners have basically circumvented FFP by paying Neymar 300m Euros to be an 'ambassador' for the Qatar Olympics, which is what he is using to buy out his Barcelona contract. I wouldn't be surprised that when it comes to PSG's accounts, Neymar's transfer fee is zero because they will say that technically, they signed a free agent who had bought out his previous contract with his own money.