Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

George Thomas has officially signed with Leicester. It concerns me a little that we have so many central midfielders now because of the rumours about Drinkwater going to Chelsea :(

He mostly plays as a striker to be fair.

Saw the Sneijder news on Twitter, but the picture of him wearing the new shirt was cropped enough that I thought he'd signed for Bournemouth for a good minute. I was like woah. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

He mostly plays as a striker to be fair.

Saw the Sneijder news on Twitter, but the picture of him wearing the new shirt was cropped enough that I thought he'd signed for Bournemouth for a good minute. I was like woah. 

With Shinji, Vardy, Musa, Iheanacho, Slimani and Ulloa all in contention for 2 (possibly 1, formation dependent) striker slots, he ain't playing there any time soon. Mind, you could probably dump half of them (IE: not Shinji, Vardy and Iheanacho) and I wouldn't care.

Yeah, you wouldn't have thought Ulloa would get much of a look in this season now that Iheanacho has signed. Musa has pace so can play wide if you need him, and I'm not sure Slimani would be offloaded just yet. I'm surprised Ulloa is still there after everything surrounding his future last season.

I dunno why Ulloa is there, Slimani is a better version of him, and neither are particularly great.

Just now, Dwight K. Schrute said:

Thomas is only 20 years old, I doubt he's been signed to play in the team straight away anyway. Very much a prospect for the future to develop.

Mentally my FM alarm is going and saying "20 is too old, we can't nurture him into the player we want this late in his development" :shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coutinho has been signed about 5 different times this week...

I don't think Coutinho will kick up a fuss about a move. I can't see him moving this summer but moving next year, similar to how Suarez stayed an extra year.

FSG would be suicidal to sell Coutinho now, financially it'd be good for them but in terms of PR with the fans it's a bad move. Especially considering there are already a lot of FSG detractors 

'ESPN sources...' So an intern saw something completely unreliable on Twitter? Coutinho's going nowhere this summer. Club have been firm in their stance and Coutinho is supposedly refusing to agitate, hence the Barca journos trying to ramp up pressure. He'll go after the World Cup.

50 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Well that settles it then.

I mean, as far as I'm concerned... yeah. Club has repeatedly came out with a hardline 'not for sale' stance and Coutinho's camp have said he's happy to stay. I'll be very surprised if he's not a Liverpool player come September.

25 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I think I would lean (ha, get it) towards him still being with Liverpool after this window closes, but with all the reports coming out, I wouldn't be 100% sure just because the club stance has been that he's staying. 

Reports are all tied to ESPN, Brazil or Barcelona. All either have agendas or are gutter press.

And Barcelona didn't really get much say in the Neymar transfer...