Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

30 minutes ago, MadJack said:

For comparisons sake, 60k is towards the bottom end of what the other top 8 sides are paid their first choice left back with the only glaring exception being Liverpool's James Milner who they paid 120k a week and who probably wasn't signed to play at left back in the first place, which would explain the disparity:

Baines 70k
Shaw/Rojo 70k Blind 75k*
Monreal 65k
Milner 120k
Clichy 90k
Bertrand 55k
Alonso 70k

*Shaw is arguably 3rd choice so I kinda understand Rose wanting more than he's currently paid if he compares himself to a kid 6 years his junior and who can't even hold down a place in his team.

Where are these stats from? Clichy isn't at City anymore, and I bet their new signing Mendy is on even more than that. This is it, Rose could go to Man Utd and get a good pay rise, he currently earns less than all three of their players in his position (if these figures are true) and he's better than all of them.

These figures would I imagine be even starker in contrast if you took the contemporary player in the other teams at say Kane's position, or Alli/Eriksen.

8 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I had a discussion with a Spurs fan a few weeks ago about their cap, and he reckons that despite it, Kane will stay loyal to Spurs because he's local and loves the club. I'm not so sure tbh.

This is what we said about Barkley, and then he got ideas above his station and refused a contract. :shifty: 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

But like, surely that's all he can do? You can't up wages across the board without being about to finance it. That's what the new stadium is for, as far as I understand. 

The cap is supposedly £100,000, which is what Kane and Lloris are on. 

Spurs, the new Arsenal?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troy said:

This is what we said about Barkley, and then he got ideas above his station and refused a contract. :shifty: 

Doesn't help that Barkley is a class A bellend and believes he's a better player then he is. 

It's going to be an interesting time for Spurs. Teams are strengthening and there's more money in the Prem but with the new stadium being built it's going to impact on transfers. Plus with players seemingly wanting more money it's going to be interesting to watch how they do from an outside perspective. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

Where are these stats from? Clichy isn't at City anymore, and I bet their new signing Mendy is on even more than that. This is it, Rose could go to Man Utd and get a good pay rise, he currently earns less than all three of their players in his position (if these figures are true) and he's better than all of them.

These figures would I imagine be even starker in contrast if you took the contemporary player in the other teams at say Kane's position, or Alli/Eriksen.

They're quoted in varying places although I'll note there's variation in quoted figures, for Luke Shaw especially who at the time of his transfer had newspapers quoting a wage of 100-110k per week and the Express reporting that the then 18 year old had agreed a salary of 160k a week, which the paper says would've made him at the time the highest earning defender in the world.

10 minutes ago, Twist said:

But I thought there was no chance he was leaving this summer? :rolleyes:

Nerf based his opinion and statement on available information, that appears to have or have not changed depending on whether the rumour of handing in his transfer request is true. I suggest, Lets not get snide with each other. Except about @MDK and orient's non league status 

• Thanks 1

James Pearce and Melissa Reddy have both debunked it already. His camp have already said he's not prepared to rock the boat and FSG put out a statement this morning that pretty definitively spells out he's not for sale. He's going nowhere. Seriously, y'all are getting suckered into silly season hype.