Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

8 hours ago, MadJack said:

Robbie Keane's new manager is Teddy Sheringham. Other managers in the league include former Villa man John Gregory (Chennaiyin FC), Steve Coppell (Jamshedpur FC) and Rene Meulensteen of Kerala Blasters, who managed Fulham for about half a minute (or two and a half months, but whatever).

Rene Meulensteen seems to have a knack for getting fired quickly, didn't he manage Zeith for about a week?

Also I did wonder where John Gregory had gone after Villa. Was it Villa or Derby who sacked him because of dodgy transfer deals?

48 minutes ago, hugobomb said:

Rene Meulensteen seems to have a knack for getting fired quickly, didn't he manage Zeith for about a week?

Also I did wonder where John Gregory had gone after Villa. Was it Villa or Derby who sacked him because of dodgy transfer deals?

Since leaving Villa John Gregory managed QPR and, more recently, Crawley until a heart problem caused him to step down.

On 5/8/2017 at 09:57, hugobomb said:

I remember getting the impression when Meulensteen was some hotly tipped upcoming manager guy until pretty much every managerial job he's had has been poop

Robbie Keane disappoints me yet again for not finishing his career playing in the League of Ireland.

James Pearce of the Liverpool Echo says that there's no sign Coutinho wants to leave Liverpool and as he has no release clause in his contract.

20 hours ago, MadJack said:

At that level? Probably.

Nah. Duff signed for Shamrock Rovers at the end of his career and he was shite. Our level isn't the highest but you definitely need legs to play here.

Keane would do well now but I can't see him thriving in a few years.

• Admin

West Ham United have signed teenage attacking midfielder Sead Haksabanovic from Swedish club Halmstads BK for an undisclosed fee. The 18-year-old, who cost a reported £2.7m, has agreed a five-year contract.

Stoke City have signed Cameroon winger Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting on a three-year deal after his contract ran out at German club Schalke.

Nice have confirmed the signing of Wesley Sneijder.