Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

I still think Neymar's fee is an anomaly because the PSG owners have basically circumvented FFP by paying Neymar 300m Euros to be an 'ambassador' for the Qatar Olympics, which is what he is using to buy out his Barcelona contract. I wouldn't be surprised that when it comes to PSG's accounts, Neymar's transfer fee is zero because they will say that technically, they signed a free agent who had bought out his previous contract with his own money.

Breaking news: Cristiano Ronaldo has bought out his contract. In unrelated news, he has also been paid £300m to wash Avram Glazer's car.

8 hours ago, Gazz said:

There's got to be a ceiling on the revenues that come from domestic broadcasters as there has to be a point where people aren't going to pay the increasing subscription prices, but then, in the same vein as WWE, the next source of revenue becomes the expansion of the international markets like China.

I still think Neymar's fee is an anomaly because the PSG owners have basically circumvented FFP by paying Neymar 300m Euros to be an 'ambassador' for the Qatar Olympics, which is what he is using to buy out his Barcelona contract. I wouldn't be surprised that when it comes to PSG's accounts, Neymar's transfer fee is zero because they will say that technically, they signed a free agent who had bought out his previous contract with his own money.

What's to stop another team signing him when he is a free agent?

He should buy out the clause, sign a new contract with Barcelona, cash in on the signing fee (Barca did after all just get 198m quid..)

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Half a million Euros a week.

After tax, which makes his gross wage about 750,000 a week.

No one is paying that.

I don't understand under what basis that they can do that, if PSG are in violation of FFP, that's for UEFA to decide, not La Liga.

This is going to go on until deadline day. Neymar will be on strike. Qatar will invade Catalonia. Then, at the last possible second, Barcelona's fax machine will explode.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I don't understand under what basis that they can do that, if PSG are in violation of FFP, that's for UEFA to decide, not La Liga.

The Spanish FA just had their top man resign because of corruption and dodgy dealings... Maybe they are trying to look like they care about these kinds of things?

1 hour ago, MDK said:

The Spanish FA just had their top man resign because of corruption and dodgy dealings... Maybe they are trying to look like they care about these kinds of things?

Or rather they're trying to keep hold of one of the leagues biggest stars for the telly money.