Carabao Cup 2017/18

Lineker

Fortunate again. But I’ll take it. 

Lets concentrate lads.

For fuck sake Koscielny drives me mental. He’s there on the Chelsea touchline trying to get a cross in. You’re the captain mate, we have a narrow lead in a semi-final. You’re also a centre back. Get back and defend you dick.

Well, that always seemed likely after that bit of bad luck for the second goal. We didn't have much about us in the second half (and understandably, Barkley's first 60 minutes back in proper football had him largely anonymous).

I mean we are under performing to the standards some expect but I have very much enjoyed winning the FA cup lately. A league title would be nice but it's not like we're someone shit like I dunno, Orient.

'The Arsenal vs Manchester City Premier League game due to be played on 25th February has been rearranged due to the clash with the Arsenal vs Manchester City Carabao Cup Final on 25th February'

Football Manager scheduling becomes a reality! :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This sort of thing just puts it in perspective. 

Yes, we want to be doing better in the league, but then so could Liverpool, so could Spurs. But neither are getting to cup finals consistently as we have. 

Yet, I don’t see Spurs fans calling for the managers head every time they have a negative result. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

This sort of thing just puts it in perspective. 

Yes, we want to be doing better in the league, but then so could Liverpool, so could Spurs. But neither are getting to cup finals consistently as we have. 

Yet, I don’t see Spurs fans calling for the managers head every time they have a negative result. 

I think on one hand we've got back into the top 4 which was a big thing for us and now we need to be doing it consistently so i would be made up if we finish top 4 again as thats what we need as a club but I really want us to start winning trophies again. 

I was gutted when City beat us in the League Cup final and devastated when we lost to Sevilla in the Europa League final. I mean the last time we won a trophy was the League Cup under Kenny. 

I want us to win every trophy possible. I hate the idea of "its a shit cup it doesn't mean anything." End of the day you want to win things. You don't go to a stadium tour and look at pieces of paper of where you finished. You look at the massive cups behind the glass cabinet and remember what happened on that day. 

• Like 4

True story, I was on a football training summer thing the year Blackburn won the title, and we did a trip out for a stadium tour in the last week. My brothers tour group saw the Premier League trophy. Mine did not. 

53 minutes ago, Colly said:

True story, I was on a football training summer thing the year Blackburn won the title, and we did a trip out for a stadium tour in the last week. My brothers tour group saw the Premier League trophy. Mine did not. 

I read a book about our time under Hicks and Gillet and the period just beforehand, I remember when we won the Champions League in 05. There was a story of how a group of fans from Poland came and wanted to see the ground and go on the tour, buy some merch and that. Due to our shocking sense of the commercial side of the game at the time we thought theres no point having the club shop open or the tour running...so they ended up going to Old Trafford instead to go on a tour. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Kaney said:

City are one nil up because no one at Arsenal knows how to coach defending it seems.

It's ok, we'll smash them in the 2nd half :shifty:

Are you a City fan now...?

The absolute state of Mustafi here.

I’ve finally lost all patience with Granit Xhaka. He’s absolute pants. I get bored of him either passing the ball to the opposition or being robbed of the ball around our own penalty area. It’s an every game occurrence, but he gets picked time and time again.

I lost interest in Xhaka when he was spotted picking his nose instead of preventing the winning goal from Watford.

We were unlucky with Aubameyang in the first 10 mins, if we put that away it could be a different game but eh.

10 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I lost interest in Xhaka when he was spotted picking his nose instead of preventing the winning goal from Watford.

We were unlucky with Aubameyang in the first 10 mins, if we put that away it could be a different game but eh.

I really worry that Aubamayeng is going to be totally wasted in this....system, whatever system we play. 

Our defending is an absolute comedy act.

19 minutes ago, Kaney said:

You didn't want to win this Mickey Mouse cup anyway