UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

You're telling me, Kane should've won me a tenner were it not for a terrible goal kick call. Shit bastards. 

Also, has Sissoko really been as bad as I keep hearing and occasionally seeing? He is rubbish, but he seems to be comedy rubbish now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colly said:

Also, has Sissoko really been as bad as I keep hearing and occasionally seeing? He is rubbish, but he seems to be comedy rubbish now. 

he was actually reasonably good vs. Everton last weekend. That chance was real bad, though. He seems, on the whole, better than he was last season but his reputation/price tag/seeming inability to score are probably always going to be Things.

Incredibly proud of Spurs on the result, even though the game was marred by truly awful refereeing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Sounds that way. Not quite sure still what Vertonghen got a second yellow for. At least he will only miss the trip to APOEL.

An arm across Gotze's face whilst shielding the ball. Fellaini does worse to team mates in training. It looked on BT like a straight red came out which was ridiculous, but even after it got cleared up and confirmed as a 2nd yellow, it was still really harsh. 

Then of course you had the one lino not spotting the clear Dortmund offside in the run up to their goal, and his mate at the other end flagging Aubameyang despite being comfortably onside, denying him a great goal.

9 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

he was actually reasonably good vs. Everton last weekend. That chance was real bad, though. He seems, on the whole, better than he was last season but his reputation/price tag/seeming inability to score are probably always going to be Things.

Really? Soccer Saturday were basically laughing at him, though I'll admit that's not a great measure. 

I don't know who that is but fuck 'em. He was offside too much in that game, mostly (and in this game but the referees got it wrong yet again), but it was still a marked improvement. That being said, in a squad with Alli and Wanyama fit I wouldn't want to see him in consequential games.

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Klopp shouting at the Sevilla bench about something. He has the Liverpool persecution complex down to a tee. 

Not a fan of this comment. Just because of the whole always the victim chants and Hillsborough/Heysal connotations which people say it's nothing to do with but it has been for a few years but I know you're not that type of person. 

Think a draw is a fair result. Thought we were slightly better but suspect to a break away via a one/two. Firmino could have killed the game if he scored the pen in the first half. I'd be happy with 4 points from Sevilla but thought we could win at home and get a point away. Suppose the other game ended in a draw. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Not a fan of this comment. Just because of the whole always the victim chants and Hillsborough/Heysal connotations which people say it's nothing to do with but it has been for a few years but I know you're not that type of person. 

I was referring to Liverpool always getting bad refs. It had nothing to do with Hillsboro, sorry if it sounded like that.

38 minutes ago, MDK said:

I was referring to Liverpool always getting bad refs. It had nothing to do with Hillsboro, sorry if it sounded like that.

I know you weren't cause you're not like that :)

But as a Scouser and Liverpool fan after Hillsborough and basically being told it was our fault and people believing it for many years that's what a lot of Liverpool fans interpret it as to when you hear things like that. I mean I've heard victims chants most of my life going the game. Still do.