UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I know you weren't cause you're not like that :)

But as a Scouser and Liverpool fan after Hillsborough and basically being told it was our fault and people believing it for many years that's what a lot of Liverpool fans interpret it as to when you hear things like that. I mean I've heard victims chants most of my life going the game. Still do. 

But what was Klopp kicking off about? He was screaming at someone on the Sevilla bench.

24 minutes ago, MDK said:

But what was Klopp kicking off about? He was screaming at someone on the Sevilla bench.

apparently one of the Sevilla coaches lunged at him and blamed him for the manager getting sent off.

If you watch at the end of the match, he says "Don't touch me. Why are you shouting? What did I do? I didn't get him sent off."

6 minutes ago, Nerf said:

apparently one of the Sevilla coaches lunged at him and blamed him for the manager getting sent off.

If you watch at the end of the match, he says "Don't touch me. Why are you shouting? What did I do? I didn't get him sent off."

I only saw the end of it when he was shouting as I had just switched back from the Spurs game. Didn't even realise the manager got sent off.

48 minutes ago, MDK said:

I only saw the end of it when he was shouting as I had just switched back from the Spurs game. Didn't even realise the manager got sent off.

Their manager kept throwing the ball away when Gomez kept going for throw ins on that side. Ref just had enough and sent him to the stands. 

Oh there was something I noticed and I kept doubting myself but are normal coaches around outside the technical area? There was a coach for them stood near the kop where the players warm up and I kept thinking is he actually allowed there?

1 hour ago, MDK said:

yeah, I genuinely think one of the Sevilla coaches has properly gone for him there, because after the "don't touch me," you can see the fella getting dragged down the tunnel.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Facundo Ferreyra got a goal and an assist in Shaktar's win over Napoli last night. Another to add to the list of "why didn't we at least play him?". 

Doumbia scored the night before too. We're a production line for Champions League quality talent.

I can't wait for Jack 'The Ginger Pirlo' Colback to captain Juventus to next season's title...

Sevilla manager Eduardo Berizzo has offered a wonderful explanation for his red card against Liverpool.

Berizzo was sent to the stands during Wednesday’s 2-2 draw at Anfield after throwing the ball away.

The Sevilla coach admitted his sending-off was all his own fault, and not that of Jurgen Klopp.

“When we were winning and Liverpool were on the counter I did something that wasn’t right, I threw the ball to stop the advantage of a counter-attack. I realised that was a mistake,” he said of his first offence.

“However in the second half, when we were losing and chasing the game, I still decided to throw the ball away to make up for (my actions in) the first half so I tried to do the same.

“Klopp understood but the referee didn’t understand, he was the only one.

“I had a chat with Klopp and wanted to put right the initial mistake. He (the referee) did act to the letter of the law, but I wanted to try to explain.

“What I did explain to the Liverpool staff is that it wasn’t a bad intention, I was just trying to make up for what happened before.”

• 2 weeks later...

I only just realised for some daft reason we play away in Moscow tonight then United play tomorrow night away in Moscow. 

Gonna be a field day for the Russian hooligans. Honestly I'd be happy with a point tonight. Gonna be difficult away trip so hopefully smash them at Anfield in a few weeks 

39 minutes ago, MDK said:

Tasty free kick from Ivan there... and nearly an instant equaliser but Mane was miles offside.

Weren't even a good free-kick that. Karius should have saved that. 

11 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Weren't even a good free-kick that. Karius should have saved that. 

Well, I thought it superb.

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

De Gea could've saved that mid wank. 

No wonder the ball just sticks to his glove the dirty bugger.

5 minutes ago, MDK said:

Well, I thought it superb.

No wonder the ball just sticks to his glove the dirty bugger.

He's used to sticky fingers the doughnut robbing bastard. 

• Like 1