Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

British Soldiers Try KOREAN ARMY STEW for the First Time!!?

I loved this.  The bulgogi place near me sells it, and yes, its actually called Army Stew (at least on their menu.  Since you're in a Korean place, the 'Korean' is implied).  Their version uses hot dogs instead of Spam though.  I've had it and after you get through all the weird tastes combined, it is REALLY fucking good  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, fuck. Hadn't realized until now that Holly Conrad was involved in all that shit with ProJared last year. I didn't even know about the supposed arrangement between her, ProJared and his wife. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a subscriber to Gaming Historian for a little while now, but over the past few days I've watched a lot of his videos one after the other and they're all so damn good. In the same vein, Noclip have really good documentaries about certain games. Right now they're in the middle of a multi part series of docs about the development and creative process behind The Outer Worlds.

• 3 weeks later...

La Barrie was a creator on the rise on YouTube who roomed with a couple other YouTubers. Apparently he got drunk and got into a car with another drunk person (Ink Master contestant Daniel Silva), they hit a stop sign and then a tree before coming to a stop. Silva allegedly tried to walk away from the scene of the accident but was kept there by bystanders. He's being charged with murder.

• 3 weeks later...

Rest of the thread: I much like videos that delicately examine issues or give a nice long examination for a think I like.

Me: here's a cat video. Robin Seplut's content never fails to cheer me up, though. And his video titles, clearly a bit of broken English but there is no clickbait. This is exactly what actually happens. Plus, he literally takes up money on his PayPal to house some if these strays in an apartment. All around just seems like a good dude.

• Like 3

On 04/04/2020 at 22:04, LittleDaniel said:

Oh hey, a youtube channel I like did a wrestling video about the importance of crowd interactions in wrestling 

Everyone should like leon

He was always nice to me and signal boosted my videos

• Like 1

A photo of Bon Appetit's EIC Adam Rapoport in brownface has surfaced, from 2013. He's resigned and apologized for "an ill-conceived Halloween costume 16 years ago", which seems to say that this isn't the first time he's been caught doing some racist shit. Sohla El-Waylly took to Instagram and revealed that she's being paid $50k to be an assistant editor to white male editors who have significantly less experience, and that only white editors are paid to appear in videos - POC editors don't get paid at all for their video appearances. For comparison, it was previously reported that just under half of most people that work for Bon Appetit make at least $100k.

Christina Chaey and Priya Krishna have spoken out as well. Molly Baz and Andy Baraghani have said they refuse to appear in any more BA videos until the racism and pay disparities are addressed. 

speaking of my old youtube channel, I pretty much hid it from public view for the last year but I decided to throw it back up again

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheUnemployedHistorian

I'm really only doing it so the most popular videos and a few I actually like can still be up and I've updated some of the thumbnails. I don't know if I'll go back to actually making videos or not though.

Looks like Burnie Burns is leaving Rooster Teeth and living abroad? 

https://www.burnie.com/

He's got a first-look deal with RT where any projects he comes up with will be presented to RT first.

Lindsay Ellis did a video about the 2000s "protest music", and its a collab with Todd In The Shadows!  They make a small Change The Channel joke!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, those Quentin Reviews videos about awful History Channel were great!

Lindsay Ellis did a hot take video about JK Rowling going mask off.

Also, Innuendo Studios (home of The Alt-Right Playbook) has been making some shorter, less-polished videos during quarantine and I just noticed last night and they're all real good! This one about Guillermo del Toro is my favorite so far: