Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

On 09/02/2024 at 06:03, LittleDaniel said:

This was really good. The idea that many Native cultures across America told stories of Bigfoot-like creatures (and therefore Bigfeet = real) is prevalent in the Bigfoot community. Which, like, of course that's horseshit. But it's nice that someone took the time to go through all the stories that Bigfoot experts push and put them into categories like "these ones are about giants which otherwise have no Bigfoot-like qualities," "these ones are about people with long hair," and "I reached out to the tribe where this story originates, he is a spiritual being whose name they don't say outside of prayer, and they really want y'all to cut this shit out."

I've bookmarked this, as it sounds right up my street.

Apologies if this is already mentioned in the video, but the other thing that always comes up when people try and use Native cultures' stories to support the existence of Bigfoot, UFOs, or anything else along those lines, is that these are often oral traditions, and the stories are adapted and evolve over time to fit in new information and reflect people's prior knowledge. So even if stories being told today sound like they are about Bigfoot or UFOs, it's because those things are in the zeitgeist and have been folded into newer versions of the story.

• Like 1

Great point! I don't remember if the video touches on that besides maybe the idea of oral traditions changing over time, but yeah I think that video would definitely be something you'd enjoy. The channel in general would probably interest you tbh, assuming you can get over how young they are/sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Its super sad how many of these are "They died by suicide" or "They were murdered"

Sad to see this channel go away.  I got into the channel during the early days of the Covid pandemic when all I did was watch YT because there was fuck all else to do

So Keemstar fake died yesterday for April Fools. Everyone naturally saw through this and are actually more upset to find out he's still alive.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

I have been loving the giant vivarium series on the AntsCanada YouTube channel. I don't partake amy more these days - but I imagine that the episodes would be even more amazing when high...

Shit yes this series is excellent. Just great content to have on in the background. 

This is interesting I think.  He talks about how the various YT stats show the video just wasn't doing well, so he delisted it.

For what its worth, I did "watch" the entire video when it was originally uploaded, but I didn't find it interesting, so I played a game and had it on in the background