Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

My girlfriend got me a Nebula subscription as a birthday present (well, she finally remembered to actually buy it last night several months later but it still counts :shifty:).

So we watched the first of Maggie Mae Fish's new series Unrated which is about the history of sex in cinema. Which was pretty good.

Then we watched half of the latest Lindsay Ellis video which is about ET. There are 3 or 4 Nebula-exclusive Lindsay Ellis videos (one from when she was still producing content on YouTube and 3 new ones). It was nice to see new videos from her.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This probably fits more here than in the movie threads. I watched Patrick H. Willems' movie Night of The Coconut last night.

I haven't watched any movie produced by a YouTuber since, well, the Channel Awesome movies really. This is actually quite good. It's fun and knowingly silly. Sometimes the sound mixing isn't perfect and you can the cast mainly not professional actors but it's a really easy watch. It never drags and you can really see potential in Patrick H Willems as a filmmaker.

It did remind me quite a bit of making the handful of shorts I've made. 

• 2 months later...

Got into this channel recently and this video is hilarious

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is less about the video itself.  There is a link to Nebula where you can pay $300 for a lifetime subscription in the description.  Just signed up myself

• 1 month later...

Some shit going down at The Escapist.

New owners fired Editor-in-Chief Nick Calandra along with some other creators.  This lead to some other creators quitting, including a rather big one

I would love if they Fake Razor and Diesel it by putting someone else on ZP. 

But yeah, Escapist isn't long for this world without it's cash cow. I fell off the show years ago but am still subbed to their channel on YT and it seemed like they were having to fiddle with all sorts of things over the last few months, setting up Patreon etc to aid their revenue streams so they can't be too great in the first place. No disrespect to anyone else on there but I have to imagine Yahtzee is the primary traffic driver on there and if he's gone, what else are people visiting for?

• 2 weeks later...

Yahtzees first video for Second Wind under his Fully Ramblomatic brand.  All similar but legally distinct from Zero Punctuation!

Something about the different sections being colour coded for graphics, story etc rubbed me the wrong way. It feels condescending, as if people won't be able to tell what he's talking about. It's a little like when reviewers include a number at the end for the people to support to actually read the review and guage the authors opinion.

I opened this topic and it was posts from 2022 about J.Kenji Lopez-Alt, and I wholeheartedly endorse the pressure cooker 5 ingredient chicken stew and pressure cooker chicken chili verde.  Both delicious, make them often.

• Like 3

On 16/11/2023 at 13:05, King Ellis said:

Something about the different sections being colour coded for graphics, story etc rubbed me the wrong way. It feels condescending, as if people won't be able to tell what he's talking about.

Honestly, until you mentioned this, I didn't notice it, so I don't think its a big deal

• 2 weeks later...

Hbomberguy has dropped a nearly 4hr video on plagiarism on youtube

not watched it yet, will probably spread it out over a few days tbh

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hobo said:

Hbomberguy has dropped a nearly 4hr video on plagiarism on youtube

not watched it yet, will probably spread it out over a few days tbh

Related:

• Like 2