Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

Apparently some scammer has been targeting Youtubers and tricking them into closing their accounts.  They email them with what appear to be legit emails about their Google AdSense accounts, from an @google.com email address, and through some stuff I don't totally understand, gets them to close their account.

As far as I know, they've hit Jim Browning Jr. (who makes a point of targeting scammers, oddly enough) and The Spiffing Brit.  Here is The Spiffing Brit talking about it

6 hours ago, CLDY said:

Undisputed champion.

Oh their back filming in person.  Love Hot Ones but felt it lost something with remote filming

They’ve been filming in person for a bit I think? I know this definitely isn’t the first one I’ve seen from this season that’s in-person. I don’t know when exactly they went back to in-person filming, though. 

The crew from possibly the best Funhaus video ever - Sunder Pressure - has a podcast now. For those that don't know, it's Alanah Pearce, Jon Smiff, Rahul Kohli and and Jacob Fullerton. The video version is on Alanah's YouTube channel every 1st Monday of the month. It's great shit, they all have such good chemistry together.

I love Rahul too much, dude is fucking hilarious.

On 03/08/2021 at 02:19, CLDY said:

They’ve been filming in person for a bit I think? I know this definitely isn’t the first one I’ve seen from this season that’s in-person. I don’t know when exactly they went back to in-person filming, though. 

I'm watching the Matt Damon episode now.  While I can see some subtle differences from the old episodes, its stil great to see Sean with people face to face

• 2 weeks later...

Love seeing stuff like this.  Helps that Sean Evans is one of the best interviewers around

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/10/2021 at 07:28, apsham said:

Jenny continues to blow me away with hour long, engaging videos on things that I never knew existed and wouldn't have cared about anyways.

I really like Jenny's video on this shitty, shitty musical but also! if you haven't seen it Sarah Z's video is also quite good.

Jenny's more focuses on the terrible plot while Sarah spends more time talking about how awful they did adapting it from stage to screen, so they're both long videos of people staring into a camera and talking about a bad movie but they're kinda complimentary!

• Like 3

She's quitting YouTube citing harassment. 

But all I know now is that being in the public eye at all is a losing game, and I regret all of it. I regret every time I've ever stood up for anyone - it always backfires. I regret every time I pushed back against something unjust - it was always just used to hurt me. I regret every time I ever stood up for myself - I never did it "correctly." I regret every time I showed any vulnerability - just more ammunition to be used against me later. I regret every time I ever tried to play the game with peers and colleagues - they will drop you the second you aren't popular on Twitter anymore. It's all hollow and brittle, and if there is one thing I have learned this year it is how eminently expendable I am. The good, progressive cis, straight, wealthy white men keep on trucking and coming out on top because deep down, they know that the systems they profess to stand against ultimately exist to benefit them.

I mean it's honestly kind of a melodramatic as fuck post and then at the end she throws this in, which seems incredibly self-righteous to me. EDIT: self-righteous? idk. Pity party? It's definitely a pity party. 

I can't blame her though. I can't think of many people who have had shit thrown at her as badly and as constantly as Lindsay. And that has pretty much been the case ever since her Youtube career started way back in 2008. It was death by a 1000 cuts. She has been planning on leaving YT for a while. The whole Raya drama just accelerated the process. 

it feels like the whole thing has made her miserable. she always seemed very good at managing her way through it but I'm sure it wears you down after a while.

it's sad though, I've literally watched her stuff since she started and I'll miss her work.

• 5 weeks later...