Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

Regarding Youtubers ripping off others and plaigarizing, does anyone know anything about a Youtuber named SSSniperwolf? I've never watched any of her videos, but I have heard there are a few critics out there that claim most of her videos are not original content and that she's harassed a critic or two.

1 hour ago, Toe said:

I've been curious about Nebula. Is there enough content for a subscription? 

I have a subscription but barely use it

Sometimes, following some guntubers comes in handy

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/12/2023 at 05:46, Hobo said:

I think Lindsay Ellis' Yoko Ono video is one of the best videos she's ever made.

You can see a preview of it on YouTube

Just watched the full version on Nebula, which is an hour and 45 minutes or so

I don't think I need to say it, but a great video by Lindsay.  Doesn't just go into the hate that Yoko gets, but also the hate that Courtney Love got after Kurts suicide, and all the shit about Amber Herd.  Also touches on Pamela Anderson and Monica Lewinsky.

I paid for a lifetime subscription to Nebula, mostly because it'd be my 'Lindsay Ellis Delivery Vehicle' and I'm not disappointed

• Like 1

On 03/12/2023 at 20:02, Kyle said:

I recently was recommended Let's Game It Out, and honestly, as someone who really enjoys seeing simulator games used as the tools for ridiculousness they are, it's a treat.

I have fallen completely in love with this channel, and it's become the only YouTube channel I regularly watch with my partner, and fairly regular easy viewing. Nothing has topped Planet Zoo so far, but a lot of it is incredible.

EDIT: The dealbreaker for Nebula for me is the lack of a dedicated TV or PS4 app, because that's how I watch YouTube 99% of the time. First world problem time - I could maybe get it to work using the Fire Stick, but that seems like effort.

I would be curious to check it out; I listen to the podcast It's Probably Not Aliens, which is by two YouTubers whose work I've started delving into a bit more - Step Back, and NerdSync - and they're both big on pushing Nebula. It would be great to have a streaming site to genuinely rival YouTube, and to be more creator-driven and creator-friendly, so I feel like I should check it out properly.

• Like 2

I never really considered the  lack of a dedicated App thing

Mainly because I never use a tv to watch these things. Its all laptop and maybe a laptop hooked to tv via HDMI.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend this one: Lehto's Law. He's an attorney who specializes in Consumer Protection and Lemon Laws, but covers cases around the country (and Canada, apparently, according to an episode I watched recently) that are sometimes weird lawsuits, sometimes weird arrests, and occasionally `WTF? How did they think they could get away with this?' cases.

• 2 weeks later...

This was really good. The idea that many Native cultures across America told stories of Bigfoot-like creatures (and therefore Bigfeet = real) is prevalent in the Bigfoot community. Which, like, of course that's horseshit. But it's nice that someone took the time to go through all the stories that Bigfoot experts push and put them into categories like "these ones are about giants which otherwise have no Bigfoot-like qualities," "these ones are about people with long hair," and "I reached out to the tribe where this story originates, he is a spiritual being whose name they don't say outside of prayer, and they really want y'all to cut this shit out."

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

In an tragic turn of events, Somerton has posted what appears to be a suicide note on his Twitter account:

https://www.dexerto.com/youtube/concern-for-youtuber-james-somerton-after-posting-apparent-suicide-note-on-social-media-2571068/

the annoying part of this is seeing people being horrendously online about it and making it about "breadtube" and/or Hbomberguy/Hbomberguy's fans "harassing a man to death" or any other number of takes.

I first heard this about 4 or 5 hours ago now and news hasn't really moved since. I'm hoping he's fine, gets help, gives up on trying to make youtube videos.

• Like 1