Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Well turns out The 8-Bit Guy is a piece of shit

Carrying assault rifles around and destroying rare computers.

He's having a good week.

isn't Ryan with Achievement Hunter? I thought you meant Ryan Hailey (who is an editor with Funhaus). I always got weird vibes from Kovic, though.

Worth nothing that James has unfollowed Adam on Twitter, so... I really hope this doesn't end the channel. I'm perfectly fine with people like James, Elyse, Alanah, Jacob, Jon, Lindsey, Omar, etc. being the public faces. I like all of them way more than Adam anyway.

Yeah weird wording, it's totally Ryan Haywood who is just flat out gone at this point. Ryan is the one that I'm not entirely shocked about to be fair. If there was going to be a sex pervert in Funhaus I assumed it was going to be Laurence.

Kovic had a few gigs of stuff leak, mostly picture of him and his wife and him taking nudes in the office. He has removed Funhaus from his Twitter bio, been removed as a mod from the reddit and it's pretty much confirmed that he is gone due to that alone. Rahul and Laurence are alluding to something else entirely being the reason that Rahul hasn't work with Funhaus in a while, even if he's had interactions with every other member.

I said it somewhere last night - if the Willems and Alanah can stay on to guide the younger editors I think some fun content can still be produced.

• Like 1

This is such weird timing, since I've been shopping on eBay for the past few hours and watching Funhaus in the background (mainly Hitman: Contracts and Demo Disk playlists). Then I come in here randomly and see this. I did think it was weird that Rahul hasn't been around since, what, pre-COVID at least, but has actually streamed with, at any given time, either solo or a combination of Alanah, Bruce and Jacob. I was actually wondering that the other night while watching her livestream of Squadrons last night (and about a week ago when I watched the Sekiro videos).

I think, regardless of this happening or not, Kovic was probably on his way out sooner rather than later. Lately he just hasn't seemed really into any of the videos they've put out. The RTX@Home panel they did, he BARELY talked for an 1h30m.

58 minutes ago, apsham said:

Yeah weird wording, it's totally Ryan Haywood who is just flat out gone at this point. Ryan is the one that I'm not entirely shocked about to be fair. If there was going to be a sex pervert in Funhaus I assumed it was going to be Laurence.

Kovic had a few gigs of stuff leak, mostly picture of him and his wife and him taking nudes in the office. He has removed Funhaus from his Twitter bio, been removed as a mod from the reddit and it's pretty much confirmed that he is gone due to that alone. Rahul and Laurence are alluding to something else entirely being the reason that Rahul hasn't work with Funhaus in a while, even if he's had interactions with every other member.

I said it somewhere last night - if the Willems and Alanah can stay on to guide the younger editors I think some fun content can still be produced.

Sorry, forgot to put AH behind Ryan. It does make you wonder about all those trips Ryan did with Meg. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh god that part about the "Fan Fiction Deep State" was fantastic

Found this guy thanks to his collab with the amazing Kyle Hill.

Steve & Larson's Going in Raw - Wrestling podcast that recaps Raw, Smackdown, NXT and AEW in videos, as well as doing daily news and other videos too. Videos/podcasts are generally an hour long, with the news briefs being maybe 10-15 minutes long unless interesting things happen in the day. The reason why I like them is that they try and use a "let's wait and see" mentality and try and remain positive with what happens, instead of immediately shitting on it (unless warranted), and they seem like they have a good time doing - and have running jokes that they're voice impression for Dijakovic is Puddy from Seinfeld, who thinks it's an Arby's night, every night etc.

NakeyJakey - purposefully low-quality video review/essay's of varies topics, mostly video games, such as "Rockstar's Game Design is Outdated".

Game Maker's Toolkit - videos based on a variety of game design principles more from a developer point of view, but easier to digest, such as how stealth in games works, and designing for disability.

Strange Parts - American lives in Shenzen in China, noted for it's electronic markets, where you can buy any spare part for phones you want. Made his own iPhone by buying all of the spare parts and assembled it himself, engineered a headphone jack on the (then) new iPhone that didn't come with a headphone jack, changed a lightning port to USB C on an iPhone etc.

Alex Costa & Teachingmensfashion - both focused on men's health, style, grooming etc. in list format. I've put these together, as they generally cover the same sort of topics and often within uploads posted around the same time frame also. Alex seems a bit of more of a genuine person, whereas Jose (of TMF) can come across as a bit dudebro, douchy, and his mid-video sponsor sections drag on (and you can see them coming from a mile off when you've watched a view) - his production values can be sloppy as hell on occasion, also. Nevertheless, they do both have some good ideas, but you will notice that they will recycle their points in multiple videos.

Triple Jump - formerly of WhatCulture, became Cultaholic affiliates?, I mainly follow for their fortnightly "Worst Games Ever" series, where they play a "not necessarily worst game ever, just worst than most" game. Once upon a time, a viewer would send in the game, but I think they stopped that because they had a backlog, and they take it in turns to be the "games master" and "games victim", where the games master delivers "hot and fresh science facts" about the game. Because of COVID, they now do it remotely, but would previously sit next to one another in their studio. Such games include Little Britain: The Game, Knight Rider, Pimp My Ride. 

Triple Jump's been in my reccomendations a couple times and I've given them a look. They're no AVGN but they're alright for what they are.

I haven't watched the channel since everything else went down - which is a shame, but now the only people that I truly care about there are James and Elyse. 

I can't say I am shocked - Alannah never really felt like she was going to be there long, and then she basically disappeared from the videos once they relaunched Inside Gaming and her personal stuff has been doing pretty well. At this point I'm okay to call it a day as long as James and Elyse can land somewhere safe.