2020 Fantasy Football Symposium

Maxx

Have we decided on a format?  I know most seemed to agree on extra bench spots. Just wondering if 2 QB might be overkill when, you know, any of them could drop from Covid at any points, and there's only so many good ones to start with haha. 

Can't do 2 QBs in 12 team leagues, it doesn't leave enough starters left over for fill in even in non pandemic years.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Can't do 2 QBs in 12 team leagues, it doesn't leave enough starters left over for fill in even in non pandemic years.

FIRST OF ALL B LEAGUE IS A SOVEREIGN NATION FREE TO DO AS IT WANTS.

but yes maxx is right 

41 minutes ago, HC said:

FIRST OF ALL B LEAGUE IS A SOVEREIGN NATION FREE TO DO AS IT WANTS.

but yes maxx is right 

You got your fractional points, push it any further and we'll be forced to invade.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

Could we draft Team QB's? Is that even possible? That way it protects you from COVID and lets you do double QB.

53 minutes ago, Plubby said:

Could we draft Team QB's? Is that even possible? That way it protects you from COVID and lets you do double QB.

They mean two starting QB spots.  It’s not feasible with 12 teams.  That’s 24 of 32 QBs taken guaranteed.  That leaves 8 starters remaining and they will also get drafted.  That means no matter what at minimum 4 teams will have no other starting QB on their bench.  That means you’ve ensured 4 teams are at a massive disadvantage on their bye weeks.

You can do it with 10 because after everyone takes two QBs there’s still 12 starting QBs remaining, meaning everyone can keep one on their bench.

22 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Me in week 8: Huh, would ya look at that. I drafted an entire team of guys who have bye weeks at the same time.

One year I actually did this intentionally when there were a ton of good players that had the same bye.  I think my QB, top two RBs, and top two WRs all shared a bye week.  My thinking was I basically punt the one week in exchange for getting a full lineup the rest of the way as the rest of the league contends with having different players out every week.

It worked out as I made the playoffs, but like most strategies all it would've taken to mess things up is an injury or somebody performing way below expectations.