The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

There's an Easter Sale on PSN for Europeans starting today. It's also the annual "Ni No Kuni is available at a ridiculously low price, so pick it up so that people don't torment you forever after" time.

Hoping we get something this weekend.

Coupon code LQ8ERDQH3A apparently knocks 10% a single transaction. No pre-orders, in-game purchase, etc. etc. Gots to be something you can buy and immediately download from PSN.

Goddamnit. I just pre-ordered The Show by accident. Any way I can cancel?

I won't exactly argue about having it, but I'd like to have the money back >_>

So, fun fact: if you have it set to automatically fund your purchases from a card/PayPal/etc., you can cancel a preorder up until the release date. You don't get an actual refund, though. The money you spent goes to your PSN wallet.

Ergo, let my drunken antics be a lesson. PSN preorders pretty much work the same as GameStop preorders.

I'm not unhappy that I managed to only pay $45 for The Show, but I am a bit flustered in how I went about it. Hopefully it'll be as fun as previous years.

• Like 1

Gamestop doesn't give cash back on cancelled pre-orders? Must be an American thing.

In Canada, it's illegal for us to hold those funds hostage. If someone drops $20 on a game, and then changes their mind, I give them the option of tossing it on something else, using it then and there, or just taking the cash. The only time I can't just give them money, is if they used trades or a gift card. Then I just give them a gift card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sold on my PS3 which was collecting dust for 70 quid today, without any games or controllers. Think I've done well there!

About a year ago i switched from a fat ps3 to a brand new superslim without paing anything on top. 70 sounds low. Dunno about the controler, but with it you should have easily don 150.

I was offered a trade in price of £54 at GAME (if I had a controller), £61 with CEX (without) but that was both for in store vouchers.

On the same site, somebody sold a PS3 320GB (my model) with two controllers for £35 three days before. The only reason I set it to £70 was because I expected to be knocked down.