The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Until Dawn ending, MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN!!

For a game focused on the butterfly effect, I'm pissed off that only my last decision killed four of my group. Chris, Jess, Hayden P's character and presumably Josh survived for me (since Hannah recognised him, I'm waiting for post-credits to find out presumably). Lost Matt after the tower and the other three in the house blaze.

Otherwise a fun game with plenty of tension and scares.

Edited by Benji

Loving Until Dawn so far, I'm only on chapter 3 though. I like everything about it and I'm probably going to play through most if not all of it today since I have a free day.

Damn it has me on edge though, I've taken a small break to calm down a bit!

• Like 2

Until Dawn ending, MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN!!

Hidden Content

I didn't feel like that at all regarding the butterfly effect, but I guess it depends on what happens.

Been playing Until Dawn with friends and (story/decision spoilers!)

Hidden Content

Also, something I found interesting to note about one of the game's cowriters, Larry Fessenden (this also has spoilers for the main plot of the game):

Hidden Content

What happens if you do kill animals? I'm pretty sure I managed to not kill any, even accidentally.

HUGE SPOILERS for Until Dawn in the next tag, even for people maybe wanting a second play through. Its a list of who survived, who died and how they died in my game.

First of all I'm sad that neither Ash nor Sam survived , they were my favourites and the only two who I didn't think were being douches at various points. My survivors were Mike, Chris and Emily who were the last to get out of the burning building.

Josh got killed by Wendigo Hannah, Matt got dropped on the meat hook after trying to save Emily, Jessica died because Mike wasn't quick enough (stumbled on the way), Ash opened the trapdoor (I should have known better, I knew Wendigos could mimic humans by this point, but for whatever reason it just didn't occur to me that they would mimic voice) and finally Sam. Keep the controller still. FUCK. It serves me right as I sort of cheated on these bits earlier in the game by putting my pad down on the desk. When this one came up I rushed to put it down but was too late and it counted as 'moving.' 

That psychosis scene at the start of the final chapter with Josh, damn that was the stuff of nightmares.

Overall this game was fucking awesome. It looks stunning and is genuinely terrifying at times. The characters are easy to care about (which makes it a whole lot worse when they die). If horror movies were as good as this, I'd love them. But I guess I just really like a game that makes you live and die (literally in this case) by your choices and mistakes rather than just "do it again until its perfect then you win the game." Stuff happens, it is what it is and that's the story I've experienced. Oh and one scene in particular has seen to it that I won't be sleeping for quite some time (I mention it in the final spoiler tag).

@Avenged :

Killing animals throws nature out of balance, from what I understand. Remember the scene with Matt and Emily and that herd of deer (or elk, whatever)? Had you killed specific animals before that point, the deer would have attacked you no matter what. I haven't seen it for myself, but that's what I've read. 

• Like 1

Looking at it you need a U.S. PSN account, which I don't have and don't know how to create. The sale they are doing has it at £16 anyway, which isn't too much of an increase.

Creating a US PSN account is very easy. It's just a case of creating a new account, putting in the relevant details and using the new account on the Playstation Store, where you need to set your console as your "Primary" device. Once you've done that, any games that are attached to your US account will also work on your European account.

Here's a guide that explains it more thoroughly:

http://www.nowgamer.com/ps4-how-to-buy-us-digital-psn-games/