The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I saw on HUKD that some NES minis inexplicably came into stock at argos, maybe some sound a box in a warehouse. If they're going back into production though, cool, will have to look out for one when the time comes. 

Another question. How do I cook stuff in Zelda? I am having so much fun but have no idea what I'm doing. I just got thrown into the country and some crazy old dude paraglides down every hour or so to talk some nonsense to me and laugh and I'm hearing voices. Now I just roam the lands bashing things in the face with my club and steadily improving my sad ass set of supplies :P 

1. Find a fire with a stone bowl in it
2. Go to your inventory and put two-five (I think) items in your hands
3. Drop it in the bowl and watch it cook

You'll get different results based on what you put in. And if the fire isn't lit you can usually find something nearby OR put some wood down and strike it with something metal to start a fire.

• Like 1

1. What else do you have in the house to game with, if anything?

2. Are you interested in multiplayer online gaming?

Those are the two things I'd like to know before answering further - from my experience owning a Switch and nothing else from launch, I never regretted the purchase once. I've regretted buying some individual games before busting out the XB1 again, but never the console itself and that was just based off that one game and the anticipation for the upcoming Mario title. And when that comes from me with my known history of buying/selling consoles, that kinda means something. :shifty:

As far as durability - that's a hard call. You can get glass screen protectors to stop the unit itself from getting scratched and cases for it when you don't have it in the dock. I've dropped mine on accident twice without any noticeable damage.

1 minute ago, Apsham said:

1. What else do you have in the house to game with, if anything?

2. Are you interested in multiplayer online gaming?

Those are the two things I'd like to know before answering further - from my experience owning a Switch and nothing else from launch, I never regretted the purchase once. I've regretted buying some individual games before busting out the XB1 again, but never the console itself and that was just based off that one game and the anticipation for the upcoming Mario title. And when that comes from me with my known history of buying/selling consoles, that kinda means something. :shifty:

As far as durability - that's a hard call. You can get glass screen protectors to stop the unit itself from getting scratched and cases for it when you don't have it in the dock. I've dropped mine on accident twice without any noticeable damage.

I've got an X-Box One (really have only dicked around with Friday the 13th the past month and will probably pick up Madden), a modded Wii with Genesis, SNES and NES emulators, an X-Box 360, and an N64. And a DSi.

not really make or break for me on the online multiplayer.

Ahh. If Switch was going to be your only console in the house, then I would say it would be a lot easier of a sell - because multi-platform games are starting to come out now in the form of the sports titles and while they make sacrifices here and there (NBA2K gets 30fps, FIFA gets 60fps but cuts out a mode), they are apparently performing about the same and have the portable advantage - which is another thing to consider. If you are going to take advantage of the portability or not.

Multiplayer was only a thought due to the other big Nintendo titles at this point in time (ARMs and Splatoon 2) being online multiplayer focused.

Personally - I'm happy to own the machine solely for first party titles at this point. Still waiting to see what WWE 2K18 is going to be like on the Switch (besides having a cut down number of people on screen) to see if I'm going to go to that console for bigger titles outside the company.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Got to a point in Mario + Rabbids that has made me decide it's going to be trade fodder for Odyssey or another title.

Hide contents

Later levels feature enemies that teleport, which effectively dissolves any strategy you go in with and feels cheap.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep that's what did it in for me.