General Television Thread

Hellfire

Justified is amazing!

So, well, then I might skip SHIELD and Gotham and watch Burn Notice instead. Just realised:

BRUCE CAMPBELL!!!!!!

Have you not seen before? Oh man, you have no idea what you're missing. I still need to rewatch it and then finally finish the show as I think I left off about midway through season 5.

I'm watching Vikings at the minute on Amazon Prime, about half way through season 2. Its easy background TV but some of the dialogue is awful and really out of place, plus the language dynamics seem to change at the whim of the writer. I'm never a fan of shows going 'X years later' like they do at the start of 2:2 but I get the reasoning. The fight scenes are good though.

Justified is amazing!

So, well, then I might skip SHIELD and Gotham and watch Burn Notice instead. Just realised:

BRUCE CAMPBELL!!!!!!

Have you not seen before? Oh man, you have no idea what you're missing. I still need to rewatch it and then finally finish the show as I think I left off about midway through season 5.

Just stop there and keep the good memories

Going to watch it after the Shield!

Yeah, haven't seen anything of it at all!

Also:

WHY SHANE? WHY!!!!!???!?

Fire in the hole! anyone?

Actually watched the first episode of The Shield a few days ago, also part of my viewing bucketlist and they really go all out in the first episode at making Mackey an utter scumbag, who on the other hand cares about justice. Very machiavellian.

I mean, SHIELD... and if you don't like SHIELD, then just watch anything other than Gotham.

Or skip both and watch Arrow and Flash. Those two shows are about ten times better than both.

I don't know why, but I have a hard time getting into Agents of Shield, I don't know what it is. But it feels like it's just a bit too forced in terms of acting. Apart from Coulson, I have a hard time liking the characters who range from ''Socially akward perky nerds'' to ''Gruff hardass enforcer'' and so on. And Skye has a very high Scrappy-Doo factor, and I'm tired of her already after 4 episodes... And I get that she's supposed to be the hook-in for the non-Marvel fan, but she still grates a lot.

I haven't seen a lot of it, but it just feels too formulaïc with the characters and there isn't much excitement to really hook me in... And I love the marvel movies a lot. Seeing people's reactions it becomes better as the season goes on, but right now I can't bring up the excitement to burn through an ''old-school'' 24 episode season.

On the other hand, I started watching Gotham and i'm hooked completely. I love all the characters like Penguin, Falcone, and also new characters like Fish Mooney.

Giving Ultimate Spider-Man another shot and watching season two. How Spectacular Spider-Man got cancelled in favour of this shite is beyond me.

Ultimate's actually really grown on me. I don't know why. Season 3's really fun, with a whole overarching story about Spidey being put in charge of a new team by Fury, so it gives them the chance to introduce new heroes who are natural counters to previously introduced villains (and introduce some new villains too). It seems to be in limbo at the moment, though, which is a bummer.

Don't know if anyone is into watching Looking, but the first episode of the new season really built on the foundations of last season. If you don't mind gay content, it is probably my favorite show on television. It is the type of show where you realize not all the characters are likeable, but you hope they all will be one day.

I get the Buffy and Angel stuff, what's the rest?