General Television Thread

Hellfire

Louie really isn't that funny. I'm about halfway through season two and it's... I dunno, it's mildly amusing, but I feel like the praise it gets must largely be because people are fans of Louis CK's great stand up, and want to like the show more than they normally would.

I don't watch Louis CK's standup at all, so you're wrong.

I also don't recall loving season 1 except for "Cop Movie." But I've forgotten half of what's on it.

tbh I think "I think people like this show for reasons other than the show" is kind of an obnoxious line of theorizing.

• Like 5

tbh I think "I think people like this show for reasons other than the show" is kind of an obnoxious line of theorizing.

I was going to post something similar because it's dumb to suggest that people just can't have a different opinion than you do.

Tbh, I think the entire show is pretty obnoxious and is more bothered about trying to define what it thinks is and isn't funny than actually being funny.

That's cool. That's your taste in TV, and I'm not arguing that.