General boxing thread

EddieG

• Admin

Here's a basic transcript:

Bernd Boente, manager of Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko: With the bad experience we've had with British fighters, we will now look for other countries. Contrary to David Haye, Dereck Chisora really went for it. He really tried.

David Haye (from rear of the room): You don't want to fight David Haye, no?

Boente: You had an offer. You didn't accept it. Now you are out. You are out. Out, out, out. You cannot talk yourself back into the fight; you have no belts. Chisora showed heart, contrary to you. You showed your toe [referring to Haye's toe injury].

Haye: I accepted your offer in December.

Dereck Chisora: We'll get it on in London - be quiet. David Haye is an embarrassment, Sky Sports don't do Box Office any more because of David Haye. He messed it up for all those young fighters coming through. I'm going to give you two slaps for that. If Haye is a fighter, he should fight me.

Haye: You've lost three fights in a row (actually three of his last four).

Chisora: Let's fight.

Chisora's promoter Frank Warren: I've got a great idea. If Dereck fights David, the winner fights Vitali.

Boente: Sounds like the perfect plan.

Haye: Vitali said he could knock me out, do you think you can knock me out?

Chisora's trainer Don Charles: Be quiet, can security get him out of here?

Haye: Vitali said after his last fight, 'I want to fight David Haye'. Where is he now? He said he wanted to fight me, I agreed the money, I agreed everything in December.

Chisora: How's your toe? How's your toe? How's your toe?

Haye: You've lost your last three fights, you lost to Tyson Fury. You're a loser.

Chisora: Tell that to my face. I'm coming down, tell that to my face.

Chisora leaves his seat and approaches Haye at the back of the room, where a melee ensues. Haye at one point picks up a video camera tripod and swings it.

The two are eventually pulled apart before Chisora returns to the front of the room.

Chisora: (Shouting and indicating towards Haye). He glassed me. I swear to God, David, I am going to shoot you. I am going to shoot you. I am going to physically shoot David Haye. He glassed me. He glassed me. He glassed me. I'm not having it. He glassed me.

Haye's trainer Adam Booth approaches Chisora, his head bleeding.

Chisora: (Referring to Booth's cut) I'm sorry about that. Adam, your fighter glassed me.

Booth: I want to know who glassed me.

Chisora: As you were trying to hold your fighter away, he [Haye] probably glassed you by mistake.

Booth: You hit me with a bottle.

Chisora: David had a bottle in his hand.

Booth: No, no, David didn't hit me with a bottle. I want to know who glassed me. Someone hit me with a bottle.

The two are separated before Booth addresses Vitali Klitschko.

Booth: Vitali, you are a great fighter but your manager is an embarrassment to the sport. Congratulations for winning.

Chisora: (Addressing Booth) Either we do it in the ring or outside of the ring. Because I want him. If David don't fight me, Adam, I am telling you the God's honest truth, I am going to physically burn him. So you tell him I said that. I am going to find him.

I much prefer Haye to Chisora (Haye seems to at least have some intelligence while Chisora is a thug). However compare them to the Klitschkos and it's pathetic. It's hard because the brothers are big old Eastern Europeans and have been fed plenty of undeserving challengers (partly because the Heavyweight division is weak right now) but they continue to show class, patience and do their talking in the ring.

• Like 1

Haye smashes a bottle into Chisora's face and then tries to attack him with a camera tripod and Chisora's the thug?

Haye's a disgrace to boxing and this country, he should be banned for life since his 'retirement' lasted all of seven seconds.

Haye smashes a bottle into Chisora's face and then tries to attack him with a camera tripod and Chisora's the thug?

Haye's a disgrace to boxing and this country, he should be banned for life since his 'retirement' lasted all of seven seconds.

Except he didn't smash a bottle into his face. :\ At least not that I saw. Chisora approaches him, then suddenly it all kicks off which sends Haye backwards. If Haye had launched an attack, I doubt he'd be the one flying backwards.

I am not advocating the brawling, and it is fucking disgusting.

But at the same time, this makes the potential fight between Chisora and Haye a MUST see for me, bad publicity, but if the fight happens it is going to be huge here in the UK

Except he didn't smash a bottle into his face. :\ At least not that I saw. Chisora approaches him, then suddenly it all kicks off which sends Haye backwards. If Haye had launched an attack, I doubt he'd be the one flying backwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/

Look at the image. He hits him in the shoulder with what would appear to be a glass bottle or something.

In the earlier portion of the video you can see Haye has a beer bottle in his hand.

2.15, he smashes it against the side of Chisora's head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/

Look at the image. He hits him in the shoulder with what would appear to be a glass bottle or something.

I'd only seen the video, in which you see no one get "glassed". Just the contents of a bottle flying. Even looking at the image, Haye punches him with a bottle in his hand. If anyone is gonna get cut from that, it's Haye's hand. Is it wrong? Oh yeah. But he didn't glass him for shit.

In the earlier portion of the video you can see Haye has a beer bottle in his hand.

2.15, he smashes it against the side of Chisora's head.

Nah.

Face and shoulder is much different. Punching someone in the shoulder while holding a bottle is also much different to glassing someone in the face.

I'm not condoning it. But they're not the same.

If he did try to bottle him, then yeah, he should be punished. But I don't think it should be a case of he bottled him in the face if he didn't.

Eitherway they both look like idiots.

Agreed. Chisora spitting water at Wlad and slapping Vitali is poor sportsmanship and all that, but it makes for a great fight.

Him and Haye genuinely wanting to hurt each other makes for a good fight.

Well, supposedly wanting to hurt each other. I refuse to rule out it being a stunt to promote a better tagline than 'The People Who Can't Beat Klitchko Collide!'. Not arsed about the fight, heavyweight boxing is awful anyway, and these two aren't even good examples of it anyway.

Agreed. Chisora spitting water at Wlad and slapping Vitali is poor sportsmanship and all that, but it makes for a great fight.

Him and Haye genuinely wanting to hurt each other makes for a good fight.

Well, supposedly wanting to hurt each other. I refuse to rule out it being a stunt to promote a better tagline than 'The People Who Can't Beat Klitchko Collide!'. Not arsed about the fight, heavyweight boxing is awful anyway, and these two aren't even good examples of it anyway.

Well, yeah. Two Brits who want to destroy each other sells better than "these guys can't beat the best.. so they'll fight each other".