General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Is Big Eyes worth a watch? It's like the last film on my 2014 watchlist.

I haven't seen all of it but I'd say I've seen a good 60% of it through it being at my theater for a month. It's worth a watch if you don't spend money on it, I think. Amy Adams is really good and Christoph Waltz is pretty good and unfortunately they're both starring in entirely different movies that are happening at the same time. The scenery's great and it's probably the most interesting thing Tim Burton's done in nearly a decade, but it doesn't feel like a cohesive thing.

I didn't like Kingsman very much. I veered from being really into it to being kind of out of it to being kind of into it to being really out of it. Not a surprise that it's essentially a Mark Millar joint. Literally overkill.

Still my #1 movie of 2015 thusfar, though! By default! And since the next 2015 movie I see is probably Jupiter Ascending I don't see that changing.

Yeah, Big Eyes is weird. Amy Adams is fantastic, but nothing quite feels right, or properly explored. There's also a completely needless voiceover and the script's kind of weak. Worth watching for Adams, and to see Tim Burton do something a bit different, but I agree with GoGo that it's not worth paying for.

Kingsman: The Secret Service was fantastic, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 was not nearly as good as the first one tho which i guess shouldn't be to much of a surprise.

The girlfriend wants to see The Duff Next weekend and i want to see Focus so were are probably gonna do a double header, we might even see Unfinished Business too which looks good

Edited by Drock007

Ethan Hawke, Chris Pratt and Daniel Washington have all been cast in the Magnificent Seven remake. That movie already sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Also, what movie isn't Chris Pratt in?

Only the ones not as good as the ones with him in it.

• Like 4

Why do they need to remake everything? KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!

This is either really awesomely tongue-in-cheek or you're forgetting a key thing about The Magnificent Seven.

• Like 9

Ethan Hawke, Chris Pratt and Daniel Washington have all been cast in the Magnificent Seven remake. That movie already sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Also, what movie isn't Chris Pratt in?

Daniel any relation to Denzel? :shifty: