General Gaming Thread

TKz

3 hours ago, King Vitamin Ellis said:

And I'm leaning towards getting it so that's even better for you, if it weren't for the time differences.

And that I got it on PS4?

Trading in two Xbox 360's on Thursday (and the wife's one Christmas present...she loves Overwatch too much to play Crash). Debating between Monster Hunter, Shadow Of the Colossus (never played it, wife thinks I will love it/wants to watch me play), and Subnautica (underwater is scary).

Even though I have barely scratched the surface of Breath of the Wild (only one divine beast captured)...and still, in theory, want to play more Nier.  

From what I remember of Shadow on the PS2, it's a reasonably short game. About 10 or so hours on the highest difficulty. And it's basically 'boss fight the game' where you go from colossi to colossi until there are no colossi left. But I also heard it's 40 bucks, and it looks absolutely breath-taking on the PS4.

If you want a game that's gonna last you a while, Monster Hunter is your best bet.

I don't know much about Subnautica, but I've seen some people play it and describe it as No Man's Sky under water that focuses on one giant planet, rather than a shitload of shitty boring planets.

Edited by Jasonmufc

It's a shame Asuka's Twitter account has become very typical of WWE talent, and is mostly just plugging shows and re-Tweeting compliments, because for a while it was pretty much nothing but her Tweeting about what video games she was playing, and it was great fun.

I know she used to work in game design/graphics, does anybody know of anything she actually worked on? As far as I know it was mostly DS and mobile apps, though she was sponsored by Xbox for a while (when she fought Sara Del Rey in CHIKARA, she had Xbox logos on her gear).

I actually just found a short interview with her about video games - http://www.gordmansgametreasure.com/interview-with-kanako-urai.htm?nocache=1356894989 - some fun bits;

Gordman: Which consoles and handhelds do you own?
Kana: Famicom (NES), Disk System, Super Famicom (SNES), Sega Mega Drive, Mega CD, GameGear, PC Engine, CD-ROM 2, GameBoy, GB Advance, Nintendo 64, 64DD, WonderSwan, Nintendo DS, DSLL, DSi, 3DSLL, Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Xbox360, PlayStation, PS2 and PS3.

Gordman: Would you give away the secret how many games do you have in your private collection?
Kana: About 3000 for all of my consoles.

She did title design for an Xbox 360 game called Chain Crusher, graphics for a bunch of DSiware (haven't been able to find anything specific), and did mocap for Virtua Fighter 5.

• Like 1

Urai is a graduate of the Osaka University of Arts Junior College.[264] She has written for Xbox Magazine and designed graphics for Nintendo DS and various mobile applications,[15] while also owning a hair salon named Another Heaven in Yokohama.[14] Prior to her career in professional wrestling, Urai had a sports background in badminton and figure skating.[1]

Asuka is a woman of many talents.

It'd be awesome if Asuka had a cosplay entrance for WM. Like as Kefka or Arthur Maxson or something.

omg and that cape is Celes' cape that is perfect.