Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure McKay's thing is from the script. He's got a lot of projects lined up right now so I wouldn't be surprised if he used this opportunity as a negotiating tactic to get one of those moving along quicker (like a remake of Uptown Saturday Night starring Denzel Washington and Will Smith).

Man, if they ruin Ant-Man... :(

...then, like, ten whole people will be bummed!

NO DEADPOOL, NO PEACE!

I mean, I get that it's a running joke, but you know Marvel don't have the rights to Deadpool, right? >_>

And plus, Fox is kind of desperately searching for a way to make that movie happen but they also want it to fit within their universe so that they can include him in their X-Force plans.

Edited by livid

Now I'm all done with Agents of Shield :(

It's getting renewed for season 2, yeah?

Only really had one issue with the episode:

Nick Fury. Ehhh....he seemed kinda off. Kinda, overly campy or something. Seemed more like Jackson than Fury.

Now I'm all done with Agents of Shield :(

It's getting renewed for season 2, yeah?

Only really had one issue with the episode:

Nick Fury. Ehhh....he seemed kinda off. Kinda, overly campy or something. Seemed more like Jackson than Fury.

I think that was the look more than anything, its as of they couldn't find his costume so they let him wear his old Kangol hat. That plus the beard made him not look like Fury.

They just need to concede and get Wright back. Geeks will kill this movie before it even starts filming if they keep playing grabass with directors.

We have no real power. If we did, Batman/Superman wouldn't have made it past the name announcement. The number of people that would've gone to see this based on it being an Edgar Wright film is completely minimal.

If you'd like any proof based on that, go look at literally ever other Edgar Wright film other than At Worlds Ends, which got an audience entirely based on being a "sequel" to Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead. Edgar Wright has a fan base, but in no way do those people actually turn up to see his films in the cinema. I love his work, but I think Scott Pilgrim went a long way to proving that slapping "by Edgar Wright" on a film in no way guarantees an audience.

The Marvel name would've brought in the majority of viewers and it still will. Johnny Everyguy doesn't know or care about Ant-Man's director problems - he just hears there's a new Marvel film out and gets his cash ready. I think that only thing this film is going to have a hard time fighting against is the fact it's name is "Ant-Man".

All he needs to see is "from the makers of Iron Man & The Avengers" and it's a trip to the ATM.

I once saw a tweet by an old primary school friend in 2012 after she watched Avengers that went "Avengers was awesome! But why wasn't Spider-Man, Batman or Superman in it?" You guys have probably got more ("Wait, so it's not the little blue guys in Green Lantern?" is another one of mine), but people don't really spend money on a Marvel movie because they know who the characters are.

I think it might be my favourite tweet to tell people about.

Yeah - everything I was saying about Guardians Of The Galaxy being the big test for superhero movies, because it's not a name franchise, I now level at Ant-Man. Comic book fans are a minority of the audience, almost everyone else is going to go "Ant-Man? Really?".

Spider-Man has been a member of the newer incarnations of the team, which, if you aren't reading those books, most people probably don't know about. The cartoons also mention it, but again, the person would have to watch that.

Spider-Man was never a member of the classic Avengers, and is only lumped into that line of questioning because the average person still doesn't know the difference between the companies, and just assumes that the Avengers are supposed to be an all-star superhero team. I'm sure we'll get the same kind of questions when a Justice League movie comes out, with people wondering where Spider-Man, Thor and Iron Man all are, and who the hell Cyborg is.

Asking where spiderman was, actually a legit question for an avengers movie. He was a member.

Pretty much every character in the Marvel Universe has been an Avenger at some point. If you want to complain about big members left out, there's a guy and gal that can grow really small or tall that you might want to mention first.

Asking where spiderman was, actually a legit question for an avengers movie. He was a member.

Isn't Spider-Man owned by somebody other than Marvel Films? Hell, half of the Marvel characters are split up aren't they?

I think Sony own Spider-Man and Fox own X-Men, basically leaving Marvel with the people left in The Avengers as they are now.