Star Trek TV

Your Mom

Well, the 24th century is more or less locked up. The last definitive thing we know is that in 2387, Romulus goes bye-bye and Spock disappears. I'd wager to say it'd be set in the 25th century, say the 2460s as to not screw up Star Trek Online too much (currently set in 2410). Still, just all the possibilites if it is set in the future. I don't want to see another prequel series. What will we get...the Enterprise-G? H? We know they eventually reach J...

I play Star Trek Online and would love to see a series set after its timeline, using some of the new races introduced in the game. Some (like the Iconians) would have to be CGI, though. 

As long as the series ignores the movies and isn't set between ENTERPRISE and TOS, or between TOS and TNG, I don't care. But I'm not happy that its going to be on CBS' digital streaming subscription service rather than on the network.

Edited by GhostMachine

I find it funny when people say 'I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the new films' etc, seeing as though they used STO and the first Abrams one to basically show that they exist in the same multiverse.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this! It's long since time since we have a new Trek :)

• 3 months later...

So this means there probably won't be any Hannibal-related project in the future. Can't say that makes me happy. I really wanted that show to get a proper ending. The last episode was so anticlimactic. It didn't work as a good ending to the Red Dragon arc, it didn't work as a season closer and it sure as hell didn't work as a series finale.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

To be honest, aside from a few episodes not a lot of that last season worked. I haven't seen a show drop off in quality that much in one season since Heroes. I adored season one and two, but the third was an absolute chore that I'm glad isn't continuing.

I agree with you that the first half of the Season didn't work at all. That was utter shite. But the 2nd half, their adaptation of Red Dragon, was, up until the final episode, very good. They just ruined it with the final episode. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

My friend is showing his wife Voyager for the first time. Two seasons in and apparently she is eternally perplexed as to how Harry Kim keeps making it out of these episodes alive. :lol: 

Harry Kim may be one of the blandest characters is Trek history.

Didn't Harry Prime actually die at some point but was replaced by a duplicate? There was a episode that duplicated Voyager and the other Voyager was destroyed by the Vidiians but sent Harry and baby Naomi over to replace the ones that died on the main Voyager.

• Like 1

Yes, he did. In fact, the Star Trek Online MMO, which takes place in the original universe and not the NuTrek one, did a sequel to that episode as one of the game's story arcs. And it does have Garrett Wang providing Harry's voice. What happens is kind of lame:

Harry Prime isn't dead. Jhet'leya (former Lynsay Ballard) from the tv show, resurrects Harry Prime as a Kobali named Keten, but he's seriously confused and becomes the antagonist of a short story arc. At the end things get sorted out and Jhet'leya and the other Harry offer to help him adjust to being a Kobali. 

The cool thing about the game is that it has a lot of Trek actors providing voices. The actress who played Ballard/Jhet'leya on the tv show does the character's voice in the game. Apparently they added James Doohan's son doing Scotty's voice to the game, but I've pretty much stopped playing it.

Edited by GhostMachine
added more information