Champions League 2014/15

DFF

They didn't even get kicked out, the result got overturned to a 3-0 win for Celtic, putting them through on away goals on the 4-4 aggregate score.

Yeah, I can't stand Celtic Nd all but what the other team did is basically cheating. They deserve to be kicked out. It's not difficult to make sure that suspended players don't play in games they're suspended for.

I agree that the act is cheating, but I still think the punishment is massively disproportionate especially given the previous ruling on Debrecen.

Also, he didn't play in the games he was suspended for. Sadly he also didn't 'not play' according to UEFA.

But the ridiculous thing about this is that Debrecen literally did the same thing as this in 2010. They put on a suspended sub in added time when they were 4-1 on aggregate and got a £15,000 fine.

There was a precedent for this sort of punishment and they ignored it to put Celtic through.

Arsenal v Besiktas, then.

Time for Demba to do what he does best.

(...Fall over and somehow end up with the ball in the net.)

Pretty much how he got credited the first (offside) goal against Feyenoord.

It's surely not down to either of them, but it would be a nice gesture if they accepted. Everyone at Celtic must be fully aware they don't deserve to be there, and personally I think the Europa League is a much better fit for us (not that we wouldn't get spanked there too)

• Admin

Legia Warsaw have failed in their appeal against their Champions League expulsion for fielding an ineligible player against Celtic. The Polish side brought on the suspended Bartosz Bereszynski with two minutes to go in the second leg of their 6-1 aggregate win over the Scottish champions. Legia say they intend to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Yeah, I thought that hearing was for the 'quick result'.

This really does stink - I hope Celtic don't get to the next round.