Formula One 2015

Lineker

Be less petulent, it comes across as he has decided that he will just come and sit in the middle of the garage and smirk for the whole world to see because he can, there is such a lack of diplomacy in this from both sides as it is being played out in public.

I would not do this in such a public fashion, it makes you look like such a twunt infront of other potential employers.

• Like 1

From what I can gather, he's been trying to sort this since about Brazil last year. He's running out of time to do this diplomatically.

He paid for the drive, the courts agree that he should get it and now Sauber aren't playing ball. I've got nothing but sympathy for VDG.

It's a tricky situation. If this was a more affluent team, they'd likely have paid him off by now. One has to assume they really can't afford that.

I don't understand anyone being against VDG in this situation. He paid for the drive and hasn't got it, what would you do?

I'm against VDG because I'm against seats being given to people for anything other than merit.

Pretty sure VDG has just as much merit than Ericsson has at this point, in fact VDG has done more in Formula One than Ericsson has.

Edit: but right now all that matters is that the Australian court has given Sauber a court-order to honour Giedo's contract this weekend and have him drive. In failing to do so, they are in contempt of court and Monisha deserves all the shit she's getting right now.

They made the stupid mistake of signing two new drivers whilst they had another one on contract already. And they have done nothing other than stick their heads in the sand at every single turn. They had simply tried to stay silent in the hope VDG would give up and go home, but instead of that he went ahead and sued them for them refusing to live up to contractual obligations they made BEFORE signing both Nasr and Ericsson.

Every single ruling is in Giedo's favour, and they are only making it worse and worse trying to delay the inevitable. In the eye of the law (and quite a few drivers), he is the guy that should get a drive, it's merely up to Sauber to play ball with him and choose whether they want to be sued by Nasr or Ericsson, that part isn't VDG's problem but their.

If they didn't want this shit happening, they should have paid off Giedo a long time ago, or not be utter idiots and sign three guaranteed deals for only two seats.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Guy pays 8 million to guarantee his seat and gets fucked over by some woman who then does a runner when bailiffs show up?

I don't see why he should get blackballed for taking normal legal steps to get what's rightfully his? Should he say "yeah, you're right, keep my 8 million, I'll just sit out here and do nothing and not make an income"

Because he hasn't gone about this in the most respectful of ways.

Really, I get the sense you just want another Dutchman at the back of the grid :shifty:

He went to court, the court told him "Go race"

He shows up at the race track to race.

What's so disrespectful about that?

this is a no win situation for sauber, whats to stop nasr or Ericsson taking sauber to court if they get dropped.

I really don't feel bad for Sauber though, they messed around with contracts fully knowing what could happen (Monisha is a lawyer too for god sakes!), They expected Giedo to take it lying down and don't fight the bullshit, they were wrong and he did decide to take them to court, and rightfully he won his cases because his contract was signed at an earlier date than both Nasr/Ericsson, and all the money he had pledged has been thrown into the blender already too.

It's a very simple exchange, they made a contract where Giedo gave them 8 million big ones, and in turn he could drive a car in circles for 20 odd races... Giedo gave them 8 million, but then the other end of the deal decided to go ''Thanks for the money, you can feck off now''. And for good reason he sued them for those dubious and inethical practices.

And as far of Nasr/Ericsson taking them to court if VDG gets a drive, it's Sauber's own fucking fault for taking on three deals with only 2 cars.

Giedo has released a statement on his Facebook in which he says he is waiving his legal right to a seat in the Australian Grand Prix.

That either means he's going to pick up the fight for next race, or they have settled. For everyone's sake I hope it's the latter.

As a fully biased Dutchman, I hope VDG can find another drive with a team that needs the cash. Manor might be an option, or maybe even Force India/Lotus if he can bring in more cash than the current guys.

Edited by Jasonmufc

• Admin

Well the lawyers were quoted as saying "yes it is all settled now" - interpret that as you will. Hopefully all will become apparent before we arrive in Sepang.

The cynic in me reckons that VDG was faced with immense pressure from the powers that be (Bernie and/or the FIA) to just accept some money to go away.

Impressive from a lot of people actually. Max would probably have made Q3 too if he hadn't made the error on his last lap and he was showing good pace throughout too.

Nasr already showing up Ericsson, too. I wonder when they'll start to wish they hired Giedo <_<