Formula One 2023

Lineker

14 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

I miss Lewis Hamilton domination of 2020 because at least Bottas, Verstappen, Gasly and Perez also won races that year.

2021 was a good season because there was legit competition for the title between two teams. There were those few Ferrari seasons where they were cheating with the engine, but they bottled that themselves to the disappointment of everyone.

Before that, The Rosberg/Hamilton seasons were exciting, even if it was a one team season. Before that, probably that crazy 2012 season with 8 different race winners and a title battle between Nando and Vettel.

But yeah, a lot of these dominant seasons have been ROUGH, whether it's Red Bull, Merc, Red Bull, or Ferrari dominance. There's gems in between, though.

For some reason, Logan Sargeant has been confirmed as Williams' second driver for 2024.

This means, for the first time I can remember, the first grand prix of next season will likely have the exact same entrants in the exact same teams as the previous season's last race (with the slight caveat of the Alfa/Alpha name changes).

(And I've just seen a tweet from Will Buxton confirming it is the first time ever)

Yeah, I'm not too surprised. He was a rookie and did seem to be progressing toward the end of the year. He has a lot to prove in 2024 and I could see that being the end of the road if he still can't finish somewhere close to Albon. Albon was apparently a big proponent of bringing Logan back for a second season, too. 

• Like 1