Formula One 2022

Lineker

They seem pretty universally hated by fans, from what I've seen. Saying that, I enjoyed it in Brazil this year but I'm not sure that was because of the format - the Russell/Verstappen battle on Saturday was fun, Magnussen getting a weird Pole would never have happened if qualifying hadn't been on Friday in the wet, but overall I can do without it.

The races they have picked for next season are, mostly, the best choices - Brazil, Austria and Austin lend themselves well to the Sprint format, Azerbaijan and Qatar not so much - but the fact they've increased it even though nobody really seems in favour is testament to how those in power view the fans and, to a lesser extent the drivers, in the sport.

I may have mentioned once or twice that I despise them in their current form, both in terms of how they bump qualifying on to a Friday when nobody can watch it, and that they take a potentially mixed up grid and turn it into a grid of the fastest cars in order.

Take away any grid ramifications from it and move qualifying to Saturday's first session and I'd have no complaints.

It looks like Andreas Seidl is leaving McLaren to take up the Sauber post, although it's more of an Audi move. What a strange game of team principal musical chairs this is.

Capito's exit looks to be a sacking rather than him having another job lined up as well.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

It looks like Andreas Seidl is leaving McLaren to take up the Sauber post, although it's more of an Audi move. What a strange game of team principal musical chairs this is.

Capito's exit looks to be a sacking rather than him having another job lined up as well.

Stella or Binotto to McLaren?