Formula One 2022

Lineker

1 hour ago, Twist said:

What on earth is Tsunoda doing?

The answer to this is that the FIA forgot to include his number in the "lapped cars can overtake" message, so he stayed where he was and had to just dive out of the way when the race restarted.

That was a wildly entertaining race, wasn't it? Very happy for George. It seems Mercedes have figured out whatever it was that was holding them behind Red Bull and Ferrari this season. I'm bummed for KMag, because the way the race shook out could have seen him finish with points. I was bummed about Lando's early exit too. He was so quick all weekend. 

I'm very disappointed in Max. Don't be like that, you robot. 

32 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Oh I love Vasseur so that's cool but I also quite like having Binotto around because of his funny hair and glasses so it would be a shame to lose him.

My wife endearingly calls Binotto "Egon".

I wonder if Binotto is really out and Ferrari is saving it until after the last race. If Vasseur really does take over, I have no idea how it'll go, but I'm for it. That man seems absolutely lovely. 

The writing had been on the wall for Mick for a while now, and it became obvious when his deal with Ferrari ended that his relationship with Haas had quickly gotten to the point where the team didn't see value in him.

Is it premature, maybe a little, but he struggled a lot and when Magnussen returned it became more evident that he wasn't delivering what Haas wanted.

There can even be made something of a case that he came in on his name, but I'd say that's a tad unfair.

Hulkenberg, who I absolutely adore as a driver, does not do anything for the future of F1, but Haas has made the decision that in their situation they simply don't want to deal with mercurial youngsters and prefer proven veterans. And Hulk brings that with him.

I don't see the man's podium drought ending soon, but good on him for getting back even if one has to wonder what Haas can even offer him, beyond a drive, but maybe that's enough for Hulk.

Should be an interesting situation, I expect them to get on, but there's still that simmering beef between KMag and Hulk that has to be addressed properly.

Anyways, I expect this to be the end of the road for Mick, he'll get picked up for reserve duties and name value somewhere, but I am hard pressed to see him get another seat unless he get lucky...

• Like 2