Formula One 2023

Lineker

• Admin

It does look very cool with the cars out on the circuit, I have to say. Looking forward to later in the weekend once the track has hopefully rubbered in somewhat.

Also a couple of documentaries worth watching - on Quest, Bernie Ecclestone on the early decades of the Formula One World Championship; and then of course the Brawn GP documentary has just dropped on Disney+ and I'm very much excited to get my teeth stuck into that one!

Now FP2 is starting at 2am local time. $900 a ticket for 8 minutes of practice as they're closing the track to fans. Absolute shitshow so far.

EDIT: 2.15am now.

EDIT: 2.30am and grid penalty for Sainz because he needs parts replacing.

People went all-in thinking Americans were about to latch onto F1, but general pandemic fad + an obscenely boring season has basically killed off that interest here.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer cabal of super rich people. Shame that people who live in Las Vegas are basically being treated this way for billionaires to have their own boondoggles.

2 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

People went all-in thinking Americans were about to latch onto F1, but general pandemic fad + an obscenely boring season has basically killed off that interest here.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer cabal of super rich people. Shame that people who live in Las Vegas are basically being treated this way for billionaires to have their own boondoggles.

Pretty sure they're used to it.

That’s all very well and good, but I was constantly aware of the risk of becoming too popular in America and being forced to play American Truck Simulator three times a year and beginning each play through with the US national anthem and Will.I.Am talking a load of nonsense in order to maintain that audience 

• Sad 1