2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

If your argument actually leads to the point that Major League Baseball is the quicker, more efficient use of time, then I strongly advise you skew the debate elsewhere. ='P

As for Johnson, I could see Fredi going by committee in the hopes that someone steps up as a closer for the future.

I'm saying that beer is more suited to cricket >_>

Edited by MDK
BEING A BELLEND

Fair, though may I posit that it will require several beers to make it through the second half of the Braves' season. <_<

We'd be kinda crazy not to trade Maybin, though I feel like our outfield depth is already lacking. I know that Markakis would likely go if it meant good enough prospects. I am now reminded of what it's like to be a Marlins fan.

• Like 1

If your argument actually leads to the point that Major League Baseball is the quicker, more efficient use of time, then I strongly advise you skew the debate elsewhere. ='P

As for Johnson, I could see Fredi going by committee in the hopes that someone steps up as a closer for the future.

I'm saying that beer is more suited to cricket >_>

Well when it costs $8 a pop at a baseball game I would sure assume it's better suited to cricket where it might not cost as much.

Few things are worse than the 6th inning when your buzz from outside the stadium is wearing off and you're like "just make it one more inning and they can't offer me any more beer--oh fuck I can only get beer for one more inning."

• Like 1

Also, I know it's rose-tinted glasses and all, but All-Star games really lack in "star power" nowadays. We all were spoiled growing up seeing Griffey, and Bonds, and Sosa, and Bagwell, and Ivan Rodriguez, and Cal Ripken, and the likes. 

Being an adult really stinks when you consider the idea that the "larger than life" types no longer exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny Cueto to the Royals for 3 prospects - Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb and Cody Reed.

Word is that the Dodgers and the Rangers are the top two teams in the running for the Phillies' Cole Hamels, who just no-hit the Cubs ( :crying: ) yesterday, the first time the Cubbies have been no-hit since Sandy Koufax's 1965 perfect game against them.

Reds got a darn good prospect in Brandon Finnegan. Every time the Royals have called him up this year, he's been lights out. Kansas City is just too deep for them to use him more than for injury call-ups. Finnegan should give them some good innings, and could leave next year's Spring Training as their third, fourth, or fifth starter.

Really not happy that the talented Royals get more talented. Glad they couldn't afford Hamels though. :shifty:

Speaking of which, deadline day is going to be a blast, because Philadelphia has to trade Hamels and Papelbon this year, right?

...right?

No probably not. :lol: 

They should trade him, absolutely. But Amaro hasn't show me much to make me think he knows what the hell he is doing. Which is hilariously entertaining. I just hope all the Phillie fans that jumped off the bandwagon remember calling Philadelphia a "football only town" should they ever become good again. I hate this fanbase. They deserve to be the home of bottom-feeders.

Colorado blew it not getting more for Tulo.  Unless they seriously think CarGo or Reyes will net them the top-tier pitching prospects they desperately need.

Toronto did get Hawkins and they desperately needed him coming out of the pen, but I don't know if getting another bat was what they needed to do at all.  It was their least pressing need.