2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

The Royals pitcher Volquez nearly beans Josh Donaldson in the head on three occasions. Does end up hitting him on the arm and another person who I can't remember at the moment. Doesn't get ejected from the game. Another pitcher comes in and nearly nails Donaldson in the head again. Doesn't get ejected. Warnings are issued. Then Sanchez accidently hits a Royals pitcher in the foot and gets ejected. Then Gibbons gets pissed and gets ejected. Then a bench clearing scuffle takes place and more Jay's players/staff get booted.

Then we get Gibbon's trying to be diplomatic after the game while Yost is an asshole and states he see's nothing wrong with the umpires actions. Of course you don't when you get away with that kind of bullshit.

Also I'm the fool who watches Jay's game...except this one which I saw in highlights because I was watching the race.

Edited by They Call Me Fork
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are just finally elevating our self from cursed team who is good now. The Braves are going to restore the balance and take our old place :P 

FIFY

FTFAU

(fixed that fo' awwww U)

Seems Boston no longer takes kindly to ol' panda bear types 'round there.  Can't blame 'em since the stories started making rounds that he wasn't really pulling his weight in practices/workouts/etc.  He's Prince Fielder without the energy.  I'd wager Papi could beat him around the bases, but we don't have enough time left in the regular season to find out.

• Like 1

We are just finally elevating our self from cursed team who is good now. The Braves are going to restore the balance and take our old place :P 

FIFY

FTFAU

(fixed that fo' awwww U)

Seems Boston no longer takes kindly to ol' panda bear types 'round there.  Can't blame 'em since the stories started making rounds that he wasn't really pulling his weight in practices/workouts/etc.  He's Prince Fielder without the energy.  I'd wager Papi could beat him around the bases, but we don't have enough time left in the regular season to find out.

To be fair, that's a lotta weight.

Using MLB's listed weights would be like using WWE's listed weights.  If Sandoval's 245 lbs., I am 6'10".

Edit:  Though I do contend Atlanta would vault into the top 10 regarding WeAR if Chipper was still on the roster :shifty:

Edited by thatshortguy
Chipper...he's fat!

I was thinking the other day, about how the Red Sox have been playing well recently even though their season doesn't terribly matter towards playoffs or anything important.

Boston has some good pieces in place for the future - at least on offense.  I was happy that they could move Victorino and Napoli, so to be able to play other pieces and see if they could be future contributors.  Jackie Bradley Jr. is on a hot streak lately, and who knows if it can last - but I'm happy he's being given another chance.  Hopefully he gets the rest of the season to try and prove himself, ditto Rusney Castillo.  Castillo was signed to a $72M contract a year or so ago, but had been sitting in Pawtucket (AAA) much of this year trying to get adjusted to the American game.  On his most recent callup, he's been starting to come together as well.

The Hanley Ramirez in LF experiment needs to end, and as long as JBJ can keep contributing offensively as well as defensively - it will be a good time to move Hanley over to 1B.  Right now Travis Shaw is hitting well and filling Napoli's hole well, but can that be sustained?  Is Shaw really the 1B of the future?  And besides, we're not paying Hanley all this money to be the worst left fielder in the bigs.  It sucks to be Shaw, but at least until Ortiz retires and the DH spot opens up - HanRam should probably go to 1B.

Brock Holt is still the man.  He won't get a regular position, but should get plenty of playing time filling in for off-days and injuries.

The Red Sox really should not do much on the offensive side this upcoming offseason.  If things go wrong, make a mid-season move next year.  I believe everyone is under team control for next year too.

If I were to pick the lineup for 2016, I'd go with:

C - Swihart / C. Vasquez

1B - HanRam 

2B - Pedroia

SS - Bogaerts

3B - Fat Panda

LF - R. Castillo

CF - Betts

RF - JBJ

DH - Ortiz

Pitching: What. A. Mess.

I know the front office have (had) hard-ons for players under 30 willing to take four year contracts.  With that said, Boston's stuck with Rick fucking Porcello for a few more years at 21M a year to be the most overpaid 5th starter in the game. That spot should have gone to Steven Wright, if looking within the current system.  Wade Miley is ok at SP 3/4.  Buchholz should of been traded, but had his annual injury show up weeks before the deadline.  Joe Kelly is proof they got fucked over on that John Lackey trade.  No idea if Uehara is coming back from this injury/age.  They need to BADLY go out and get an ace this upcoming offseason, and probably half a bullpen while they're at it.  It would not surprise me if some of the young hyped pitchers got moved for a more well known and proven name: E-Rod, Owens, Brian Johnson, etc...